cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 multiroom box only displaying BBC1 and Channel 4

ScottB89
Tuning in

Hi

Yesterday I had an engineer around to my house to install a multiroom box and upgrade the full system to 360. 

My main box in the house is working as it should and I am recieving every channel. However, my multi room box will only display picture and sound on BBC1 and Channel 4. All of the other channels in my package display a black screen with no sound. 

Please could I have some assistance on what could be causing the issue

Thanks

Scott

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like your 360 service hasn’t been activated fully, but more experienced forum members will be able to advise you. Have you tried a soft reset? Turn the affected box off for around 30 seconds, then allow it to re-boot.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your multiroom box a 360 mini (without HDD) or a full second box? I'll assume the former, but it may help to confirm.

Equally, is the issue BBC1 SD or HD? And the same question for Channel 4. I'll assume SD but clarification may help.

Assuming the co-ax connection is present & finger-tight, I'd expect an error message if this is a signal fault so I'm minded towards an activation issue at this stage. How is the affected box connected to your homehub (this provides the internet connection)? Settings > Network > Diagnostic can be used to check if you're not sure. Every VM TV box needs co-ax & internet connection to fully function.

Can you try swapping the main & mini box around? See if the problem follows the box or stays with the location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ScottB89,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been having issues with your new 360 Mini box and not receiving your full package, I have been able to locate your account and can see you have spoken to us and that a technician has been arranged for you, please let us know how you get on, if you do need any further help or support please do not hesitate to come back.

If you do wish to change the appointment slot this can be done via your Online Account under Help, My Appointments?

Kind regards

Paul.