cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 mini box saying offline when it is not

Retiredatast
Dialled in

I have had the new 360 upgrade for a few days now I have the main box in playroom across the hallway and the MINI box in the lounge and all has seemed well except this evening when I tried to watch a programme that was record on the mini box and a pop up on the tv said the box is offline please switch it on.

The box is on and online as I am watching the tv through it.

I tried other recordings and got the same message, I went to the main box and tried to watch them and it said that the box is offline or not the the same network.

Any ideas please.

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

You should check the network settings on your boxes.

Settings > Network >  there are two options

The first setting should state if you are connected to the hub and which band eg 2.4 or 5  - you can also press OK to change connection from there

The second setting Diagnostics gives a visual representation of your connection status, signal quality and connection speed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave

i will check the settings in the morning, I did run the diagnostic option on both boxes and both were connected to my WiFi and green ticks all round.

connection speed = high

Bring back the old V6………

Hey @Retiredatast,

Have you been able to get your mini box issue resolved with the advice from @newapollo?

If not, please let us know and we can assist further to get this resolved for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

awmaines
Dialled in

I’ve experienced similar symptoms on my main box, IFound powering it off and restarting sorted it out.

Hello Dave

your suggestions were made and it still did not work.

I contacted virgin who said it was a KNOWN problem and they would fix within 48 hours remotely which they did, mini box and app all working now.

keith

Hello 

no it did not fix the problem, virgin knew about it and fixed it remotely.

thanks

Thank you I will bear in mind.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Keith,

Thanks for the update.

It's great to hear that VM were able to fix it remotely.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Dave

just as an update, 24 hours later the mini box went offline again so another call to virgin was made.

I have had more trouble with this crap 360 system in the last week than I have in the 20 odd years I have been with Virgin.

I am seriously looking at Sky TV