cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 mini box doesn't always switch on

Webby443
Tuning in

My 360 mini box doesn't switch on properly half the time. I press on, on the remote and the standby light turns white but the box doesn't always activate (The TV screen remains blank)

If I switch the power off then back on its okay.

Any ideas as what this issue is?

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Webby443,

It's possible the mini box is taking a long time to start up due to your Standby Power Consumption settings.
Please  can you check the following.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.

Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@Webby443 wrote:

My 360 mini box doesn't switch on properly half the time. I press on, on the remote and the standby light turns white but the box doesn't always activate (The TV screen remains blank)

If I switch the power off then back on its okay.

Any ideas as what this issue is?

Are you sure the TV is turning on, don't know what lights you have on the TV, if one power is turned on and the remote is correctly paired with the TV you can quckly check if it's the TV thats not turned on by pressing the TV power button on the left of the remote.

Depending on how things have set up the TV and remote may need direct line of sight for IR operation.

Yes  the TV is 100% on, it shows a blue screen whilst awaiting the external source to switch on.

Hi, the main box is on fast start. It happens probably every other time I switch the tv/360 mini box on

Thank you for letting us know @Webby443.

Does this also occur with your main 360 box? Are all cables on the mini box secure? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Webby443
Tuning in

It is now sorted. The hdmi lead being used was the issue. Replaced and it is now working fine.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Webby443,

Thank you for coming back to us with your update 🙂 

So glad you managed to resolve this.

Zoie