cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 mini box connection

casdoc
Tuning in

Hi, I have had my 360 mini box for about a week. Installation went without a problem and all worked well. 
Yesterday the box seemed to get stuck on the welcome screen and needed to be rebooted. 
I can now watch live tv fine but the box has lost its network connection (was connected via WiFi). Now when I try to reconnect it only gives the option to connect via Ethernet which unfortunately is not possible. I cannot even do a factory reset as when I try it tells me there is a connection error! Has anyone any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your main box an ethernet connection?

If yes then set the mini up there and connect it via ethernet cable, then see if you can change it to wifi connection.

If that works then place the mini back in it's original location and see if the wifi still works.

Also swapping box locations often helps prove a box fault

If that fails then try a factory reset of the mini box

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. With the 360 you won't lose your recordings as it's not a complete factory reset, however you will need to sign into apps such as iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

TonyJover
Up to speed

Have you tried a reboot (pull the power for 10 secs)?

• Yes. That was the first thing I did. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried swapping the mini box with the main 360 box?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Am not sure what that would serve? There is no Ethernet connection where I have the mini box so would have to run the main box via WiFi and seeing as the mini box is the slave the whole thing would be slower. 
What needs to be fixed is the fact the mini box seems to have “forgot’ it can connect via WiFi. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your main box an ethernet connection?

If yes then set the mini up there and connect it via ethernet cable, then see if you can change it to wifi connection.

If that works then place the mini back in it's original location and see if the wifi still works.

Also swapping box locations often helps prove a box fault

If that fails then try a factory reset of the mini box

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. With the 360 you won't lose your recordings as it's not a complete factory reset, however you will need to sign into apps such as iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Though I suppose it may be that connecting via Ethernet may reboot it and re-enable WiFii so may be worth a try swapping the boxes temporarily. 

Yes I see the logic now. I will try in the morning. 

Hi casdoc,

Thanks you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you were having connection issues with your 360 mini connection.

I can see the community were helping, how are things now, did you manage to get it resolved using the information you were given by the community?

Regards

Paul.