cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 keeps deleting recordings

stevegilmour
On our wavelength

I've had just about enough with this terrible 360 upgrade. This is the THIRD time my recordings and planned recordings delete themselves. This upgrade or should I say downgrade has been nothing but glitch after glitch and VM don't seem to bother.

Can I ask to go back to TIVO as I'm about to go back to Sky unless they sort this problem out. How can a technology company be this bad?

Does anyone have any suggestions as I get nowhere from Virgin as they just ask me to reset it.. 

Cheers Steve 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can only help with the "easy" one...

@stevegilmour wrote:

Can I ask to go back to TIVO as I'm about to go back to Sky unless they sort this problem out.

No - once you've chosen to convert to 360 you can no longer get or revert to TiVo/V6, it's a one-way trip.

Whether you can give cancellation notice depends on whether you're within a minimum contractual term and/or able to pay the early termination charges. Those are capped at £240 if it's any consolation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rufus57
Up to speed

Keeps happening to me too. Like you, I am sick of it. If you have not already done so, you could try Factory Reset and OK the Keep Recordings box. This helped me for a while and then the glitches came back.

jgrayonline
Tuning in

Same here.

It seems that the 360 TV is on beta and hasn't even been tested. We switch it on sometimes to find it just comes up with an error message.

Each time we press on something it errors.

Now it's deleted all our recordings for the 3rd time.

It's getting very frustrating, so much so I'm thinking of moving to Sky.

I have tried both factory reset with and without my recordings and glitches still there. A new glitch is my screen goes black with no visual and I have to switch it on and off and guess what it's still the same... I can't believe Virgin Media can be so bad 

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi stevegilmour,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your Tv service. 

I have been able to locate your account and would like to help resolve this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can go through some diagnostics. 

^Martin