cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 issues

Andyboy21
Joining in

Just received 360 mini box which is located upstairs. This is saying that we can record and giving an error of CS6031

v6 box downstairs won’t let us upgrade to 360

tried phoning, passed to 6 different people where I had to explain 6 times and still no further forward. Can anyone help me please as I am now losing the will to live with this. 

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

Hi

CS6031 error will be due to the fact that the mini box records on the main box, your V6 box due to be upgraded to 360.

Have you received your new 360 remote for the V6 box upgrade,  Assuming you have tried the 360 update option on your V6 what error message do you get.

Yes we have a new remote. On the instructions its states there will be an icon to click on however that is not there. We have tried going into apps but it is not allowing us to do anything. There is an error message but no code just tells me to go home the number UNKNOWN. 

do we need to reset to factory settings do you think on the v6 box? 

I wouldn't do a factory reset of the V6 box, there seems to be a problem,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Known-Issue-Clear-and-Reset-Function-V6/td-p/51613...

You could wait as the upgrade is supposed to happen about 5 days after you receive your remote, you could try powering the box off and on but the unknown error message may eventually need a call to Virgin which you have tried.

I don't know if connecting the mini box first may have upset things, the V6 should be upgraded first.

Thank you 

i have tried calling them but I’m getting nowhere with them. I need to build myself up to call them again 😂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Andyboy21 

The CS6031 error may be happening because the mini box was installed before the V6 was updated to the 360 Horizon system.

Is the V6 still connected to the internet? If not it may be prevennting the upgarde app from downloading.

Check yuor connection by going to Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

If the app has downloaded it should be on either the home screen, or in the All Apps folder.

I know Roy has already asked if you've tried powering the box off and on, but please can you try it this way.

Turn off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The V6 box should reboot, then hopefully the power button will turn blue, and it should  reset and boot up normally, and with a lot of luck download the update app.

CS031CS031

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Andyboy21.

Sorry to see that you are having issues with your TV box and recordings.

Thank you for posting on our forums. 

We can see from our systems you have recently spoken to us and there has been an engineer appointment booked for you.

Click this link to track and manage your appointments. You can also change the date and time to which you prefer depending on availability. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you this. We tried this but didn’t work. I called and managed to speak to someone who actually took time to listen and he had raised a work request but takes 5 days apparently 

The engineer is booked for a different reason. This has not been booked for the issues with the 360 upgrading. 
the engineer is coming out to fix a cable we have to wait 5 days for the box to update or for someone to phone us. 

We're sorry for the delays in getting a technician out to you, we always offer the earliest appointment available at the time of the call. Please do keep us up to date with how the visit goes and if this is resolved.

Rob