cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 issues after 4.46 update

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

Hello,

My box updated to 4.46 today and noticed UI is being sluggish to the point where some screens fail to load programme information.

Below is where I have selected a show in the Discover menu and it’s failed to load

8 REPLIES 8

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

F7CEE404-2A62-4932-B0C5-CDD271A34B04.jpeg

try a reboot...switch off the power, wait a few minutes and switch back on...

Same issue here, noticed this evening. The box is slower and now suffers these ghosting issues that won’t go without a reboot. It’s bad enough that the platform doesn’t seem to be evolving at all, without bugs in junk software.

And to think, VM wants to increase prices…

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for info and hope it may help instead of people having to reboot.

My 360 updated to 4.46 yesterday.  Following that the Home screen navigation text was superimposed over the live TV picture

Clicking on Home and then the Back button removed the text overlay and it hasn't occured again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Just for info and hope it may help instead of people having to reboot.

My 360 updated to 4.46 yesterday.  Following that the Home screen navigation text was superimposed over the live TV picture

Clicking on Home and then the Back button removed the text overlay and it hasn't occured again.

Tried that last night when I had the problem and had to power cycle the 360 to fix it, and then I had a message saying there was an "update for the remote available don't use the remote while it's updating", press OK to continue, and then it failed, but did say it would automatically try again. Anyway this morning the OH said there was a message saying the remote had been updated, not sure what the update to the remote is.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @roy247 

My remote hasn't updated, it still on

Remote Control Application Stack version 015.000.6819
Remote Control Software Version 008.000.6819

I see from the forums that some of those with the newer remote that only takes two batteries have had issues "finding a lost remote" so perhaps the remote update is to fix that (just a guess)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

My remote is on the same versions as your remote so unless it's an update that's been sat on my box for a while waiting for a reboot of the box to send it to the remote or some minor update possibly.  The last time I can remember the box having a reboot was in November when I changed the TV stand and reorganised everything.

I also have a 4 battery remote so can't check to see if it's a fix for the "lost remote" problem.

It was definitely a Virgin message in the top right corner and not a TV message, with the press OK in a big red box, wish I had taken a picture.

Hi there @ashscrivens1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your set top box and thank you to our community members for their help so far. 

Can I ask how things are currently looking with your service?