cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 install lost recordings?

Dave-wh
Joining in

Hi all, just had my 3 year old v6 box upgraded to 360 with the new remote. We can’t seem to access previous recordings at all. Have they been wiped during software update? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Basically yes, the 360 update reformats the hard drive, you should have received these instructions,

Start your upgrade to Virgin TV 360

1. Please read these instructions first – keep the remote(s) in the box for now
  2. Watch any recorded shows before you upgrade (we can’t transfer them, and you deserve a duvet day). Just bear in mind your service will automatically update 5 days after this package arrived
  3. Start your upgrade by selecting upgrade to Virgin TV 360 from your Home screen - you will find the 360 App on the Home screen but you can also find within the Apps & Games folder.
  4. Follow the steps with your existing V6 remote until you’re asked to swap. Need a verification code? Enter: 847446
  5. Make sure you have the latest version of Virgin TV Go on your phone or tablet – just head to your app store

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

Basically yes, the 360 update reformats the hard drive, you should have received these instructions,

Start your upgrade to Virgin TV 360

1. Please read these instructions first – keep the remote(s) in the box for now
  2. Watch any recorded shows before you upgrade (we can’t transfer them, and you deserve a duvet day). Just bear in mind your service will automatically update 5 days after this package arrived
  3. Start your upgrade by selecting upgrade to Virgin TV 360 from your Home screen - you will find the 360 App on the Home screen but you can also find within the Apps & Games folder.
  4. Follow the steps with your existing V6 remote until you’re asked to swap. Need a verification code? Enter: 847446
  5. Make sure you have the latest version of Virgin TV Go on your phone or tablet – just head to your app store

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A conversion from TiVo/V6 > 360 is a complete change of OS and involves the box's hard drive being reformatted. The following is part of VM's online "upgrade now" process.. check point 2.

upgrade v6.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks