cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 improvement or bug fix roadmap - does anyone know what it looks like?

Makeitsimple
Tuning in

I'm new to Virgin 360 but feeling very disappointed already.

I'm having lip (audio-video) sync issues which comes and goes and is sometime unwatchable (see other threads - many people are experiencing this issue).

I'm also really frustrated about the size of the subtitles on normal channels (not using the OD apps) - they are simply huge and like something out of the 1980's TV experience (again mentioned in other threads).

Both the above issues are a big problem for me as I am hard of hearing and if I knew of the problems I was going to experience I would not have signed up.

What's even more annoying though... is I can't seem to find any idea of whether these will be fixed, or on someones radar to be fixed.  Is there anyone from Virgin who can help me understand the likelihood of fixes to the above anytime soon?

3 REPLIES 3

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Makeitsimple,

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your TV services.

I was unable to locate your account using your forums post, can you tell me if this is still an issue for you?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Many thanks for your reply, and apologies for the late reply.

In short, things have improved with lip-sync (but that could be a combination on VM end or with because of the cables i've replaced (see my other posts on the matter for more details).

As for Subtitles, again I have responded to my other post /other contrubores posts.  i still don't understand why VM cannot seize the initiative here and provide some user preferences with subtitles (size/colour etc) which would allow them to be compliant with Ofcom, but not be intrusive to the consumer.

As for you not being able to locate my account.  That's understandable, as I am using a different email address than the one on my account.  DM me if you want my user account email address.  However, I have not registered these points with VM as the first one I wanted to troubleshoot myself first and the second there was clearly little point as you are signposting towards ofcom.

Having said all that, I still do not have any understanding on what your bug fix/featires roadmap looks like.  It would be great to see one, if there is one out there.

Again, thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

K

Hi K,

Glad to hear the lip-sync issue seems to have resolved.

In regards to the subtitles I'm afraid this isn't something we're able to change. We're more than happy to ensure this is fed back to the relevant team, and hopefully it's an option we can provide in the future.

Alex_Rm