cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 hell

grumpynatoruk
Joining in

i have had 360 now for 5 weeks in that time it has not worked for not recording or can't play recording and then strange msg in right side off-screen say box is off-line and play back stuttering i now have had  4 techs out and replaced boxes and still not working and now waiting for phone call  before this my v6 boxs where fine and no problems for 10yrs  and now cannot watch tv without freezing or menu stuck i have rebooted so meany times now it joke and done reset

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@grumpynatoruk wrote:

i have had 360 now for 5 weeks in that time it has not worked for not recording or can't play recording

Do you get any error messages?

Can you watch live TV? How about when you pause live TV and (effectively) cause a recording by watching delayed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

no error msg expect small box in right side top saying box is not online, but it is as I am using it  and can watch live TV but then if I go to guide then can scroll across to app it each way as freezes wait 5 mins then try again or reboot i f i try to use Netflix then app open fine click on film and says sorry try later and does it for anything there live tv works 70% time and then is stops and starts

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about when you pause live TV?

This uses the hard drive in the same way as a recording, and is a good test to identify HDD faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dont know will have to try this

done and laggy at times

Hi grumpynatoruk,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you're having some issues with the 360 box. 

I've not been able to locate any details for you to go through diagnostics so I've send you over a private message to get more information (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Had engineer out Saturday   and fitted new box and all working OK so far

Thanks for providing those details over private message.

Can you please advise which box exactly has the issue so I can run through diagnostics on it?

Alex_Rm

@Alex_RM wrote:

Thanks for providing those details over private message.

Can you please advise which box exactly has the issue so I can run through diagnostics on it?

Alex_Rm

Hi if you read the OPs post above it should solve the issue