cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 delete at end of program

Dazza123
On our wavelength
  • I'm sure it's in the settings somewhere but the option to stop it asking if you want to delete the program you're watching is coming up often a minute or 2 before it's finished.  Can it be stopped,  I thought I'd seen the option previously but now can't find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dazza123 

Try Settings > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin >  Ask to delete after watching > Set to On or Off

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dazza123 

Try Settings > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin >  Ask to delete after watching > Set to On or Off

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Dazza123 

This isn’t actually a solution. 

I’ve just checked my 360 box and this setting is already set to OFF however I am still getting the message at the end of a program asking if I want to delete (usually, BEFORE the current program has finished). 

Probably a bug….

@deans6571 wrote:

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Dazza123 

I’ve just checked my 360 box and this setting is already set to OFF however I am still getting the message at the end of a program asking if I want to delete (usually, BEFORE the current program has finished). 

Probably a bug….

Hi deans6571,

It works on my 360, I thought your problem is the annoying play next episode before the one you are watching has finished.

Rufus57
Up to speed

I had the same issue. I wasn't able to solve it on the V6/360 box settings but went into settings on the Virgin TV Go app. On the app go to Settings/Recordings and set  Ask to Delete after Watching to off. At the same time I set the Add Time To Recording options to the maximum times allowed. 5 mins before the recording and 15 minutes after. This was months ago and that annoying box hasn't re-appeared since. Good luck.

@roy247 wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Dazza123 

Probably a bug….

Hi deans6571,

It works on my 360, I thought your problem is the annoying play next episode before the one you are watching has finished.

...sorry - think I am getting confused! 🤔

Will have to see exactly what the message says next time it comes up!

This is what I meant. My setting was also set to "off" on the box settings but still I got the delete message while my programme was still playing. Annoying. So I went into the TV Go app and switched it to off  there as well and set the recording padding to the maximum allowed. God knows why that worked and the box didn't but it did.

@Rufus57 wrote:

set the recording padding to the maximum allowed. 

...this is what stops the message from appearing.

Yes. My thought too. Anyway it works.