cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 controller flashing but not working

tonytubbs66
Tuning in

Hi,
Our 360 controller no longer works properly, only had it 2 months.

we’ve changed the batteries and switched everything on off.

- the red “on” light on the controller flashes twice briefly every minute or so

- I’ve tried the tv/rewind button reset trick to reset it and it has, according to the on screen message, paired again with the tv. But it returns to the state of flashing and not working 

- if, say, I hold the volume button, the volume will change briefly when the flash of the on buttons happens.

any ideas please?

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi tony,

Don't know if I have missed something but is your remote still not working, using a phone is just a temporary fix you need to either order a replacement online or phone 150 from a Virgin phone if you haven't already, or wait for a forum team member to send you one.

If the replacement doesn't work you could have a faulty box, if you have more than one 360 you could try swapping remotes, you will need to factory reset the remotes and then repair as the 360 box will only pair to one remote. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Shroko
Superfast

Try resetting the remote by holding the TV button and the rewind << button.  

Pressing TV+0 for 10 seconds will pair remote to the 360.

Thanks, I’ve tried these but I can’t seem to get it to pair again, constantly told pairing failed ☹️

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @tonytubbs66 

If you can get into the settings make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start (Settings > System > Standby power consumption)

You can also download  the Virgin TV Go app to go into the settings, and also use it as a temporary remote control.

Log into My Virgin Media at the top of this page, click on "check for faults in your area"

Towards the bottom of the screen click on the TV button and then on on "My remote isn't working", then "The remotes not working", and on the next screen click on Virgin TV 360 box, follow the links and if they don't get the remote working then you can order a new remote and also download the TV GO app from there

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave.

I’m using the app and it’s handy but no use for the kids! Is there any way of changing the start up setting without the controller working?

I turned the box off from the mains last night and had the batteries out of the remote in the hope reset/pairing would work today but no luck.

thanks again for the help

tony 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Tony,

@tonytubbs66 wrote:

Is there any way of changing the start up setting without the controller working?

Open the TVGo app (home screen) at the top right hand side click the icon to the left of the search icon(magnifying glass)

Then connect to your box (I have two so have to decide which box I need, but if you only have the one box it should be connected automatically)

Towards the top of the screen is a play button, and on the right a remote control symbol, click on the remote remote symbol, then on the screen that opens select menu - that should open up on your TV screen.

Then using the TVGO direction and OK buttons scroll across to Settings (cog at right of screen) System > Fast Start and then down to  Standby power consumption and click OK to select Fast Start.

Use the back button on TVGo to come out from there. Hopefully then your regular 360 remote will start working.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Good Morning @tonytubbs66, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Have you possibly been able to follow the handy advice from @newapollo to fix this issue?

Can you confirm if this issue is still ongoing?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

roy247
Community elder

Hi tony,

Don't know if I have missed something but is your remote still not working, using a phone is just a temporary fix you need to either order a replacement online or phone 150 from a Virgin phone if you haven't already, or wait for a forum team member to send you one.

If the replacement doesn't work you could have a faulty box, if you have more than one 360 you could try swapping remotes, you will need to factory reset the remotes and then repair as the 360 box will only pair to one remote. 

Hi Dave,

ive tried and tried with the factory reset and pairing but every time the screen says pairing failed.

Can only think it’s either the controller or box that is faulty. Only have one box, one controller. Think I need a new one. It works from the phone app but that’s all.

thanks for checking in. Should I contact customer service?

all the best

Tony 

Hi tony,

The only other thing you can try is a factory reset of the 360, you can keep all your recordings by selecting option 1, factory reset is badly named, it should repair your remote if possible.

Phoning or onlne would be the quickest options.

Roy