cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 control

jazzriz
Joining in

We recently joined virgin and since day 1 had issues with the control, some days they don't turn the TVs on some days they Just freeze. 

this is on both boxes, we had had new controls, we have re paired them and we had someone out (of corse it worked when they came) 

i could be watching something then it just stops working but the sound works on the control but nothing else, so it seems to be something to do with the connection??

anyone else had this issue?

please help! 

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jazzriz 

Using the white power button - 1 press turns OFF the TV. 2 presses turns on the TV

My 360 remote sometimes stops working and I find that giving it a couple of shakes gets it working again.

Also if the remote appears to have stopped working make sure the the power saving mode setting is on Fast Start

Another thing to check is under Settings > Audio Video > Volume keys control that it isn't set to (TV make) amplifier instead of your TV make.

You could also try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you so much! Will try all of that! 

Hi jazzriz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your remotes. 

Did you give the suggestions from newapollo a try yet? If not, give them a try and let us know how you get on with things. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

i have tried them all and it has still happened twice today, shaking didn't help it today, ended up having to re boot it from the plug to re set it all! 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jazzriz,

Oh no! I am sorry to see this.

Is it working now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No still have the same issues everyday, still have to re set everyday? 

is there anything else jt could be? 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Could you let me know how your 360 is connected to the broadband? Is this via a wired connection? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

We got virgin internet as a package, so would be however the guy set it up? 

Hi @jazzriz, thanks for your reply.

Apologies if it was unclear, Zak was referring to how they were connected to your Virgin Media broadband, whether it was a wired ethernet connection or are both boxes connected by wifi?

Upon looking at your account, it would appear your one of your boxes is connected via ethernet directly to your Hub, and the other wifi so are you able to confirm this please?

Regards

Tom_W