cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 catch up

mike1963
On our wavelength

Hi every one

recently upgraded to 360 and we have lost all catch up services; it was working for a couple of days but has now disappeared, have rebooted several times, run diagnostics and nothing, we have had a couple of error codes, cs3500 and cs2518

our tv is Samsung Q90r, thanks in advance

Mike

16 REPLIES 16

roy247
Community elder

Is it all catch up and movies etc, iPlayer is a good test. If you have more than one box is it happening on all of them and is live TV Ok. If live TV is Ok then this will more than likely be a network problem, are you connected by ethernet cable or wifi and was it the network diagnostics you tried.

Did you reboot by turning the power off to the 360, if you did and that didn't work you could try doing the same to the hub and then the 360 again, if that still doesn't you could try a factory reset just select the keep recordings option.

mike1963
On our wavelength

Yes we have rebooted the hub and the v6 box, we don’t use i player on the box we tend to use it on the tv, it’s the Virgin catch up we can’t use, go in to any thing and there’s know pictures nothing is available.It did work for a couple of days after installing 360 though.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All OnDemand services use the internet, so your 360's 'net connection needs to be proven first. When you say "run diagnostics and nothing", can you explain what you mean?

What I'd like to know is the specifics of what the 360's network diagnostics screen shows. This is under Settings > Network > Diagnostics.

Both of the error codes you've mentioned, refer to possible account issues on the error code help here and here  - but it's the network connectivity that needs proving first.

I appreciate you say that you use iPlayer on your TV, but trying any 360 function that uses the internet will all help with diagnostics.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mike1963
On our wavelength

The speed we are getting wireless and with Ethernet goes between 350/380m/b. When I run the diagnostics on the virgin media website the results say tv good, internet good.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about when you check the 360 diagnostics screen as per my previous post?

It's your 360's connection to the internet - via your homehub - that we need to prove first. OnDemand, streaming apps, all of these will use the internet. The diagnostics screen I've suggested, will be a good place to start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

mike1963
On our wavelength

When we run the 360 diagnostics screen it says. Signal quality good, internet connection Ethernet. ipv6 address not available and ipv6 gateway not available. Connection speed high, live tv hd.  Watch all hd , watch all ultra hd.

@mike1963 wrote:

When we run the 360 diagnostics screen it says. Signal quality good, internet connection Ethernet. ipv6 address not available and ipv6 gateway not available. Connection speed high, live tv hd.  Watch all hd , watch all ultra hd.

Looks normal so if you go to Apps does iPlayer work?

mike1963
On our wavelength

Yes just signed in to iplayer and it works fine, Virgin catch-up not working though at all.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you can watch a programme on iPlayer, then that's your 360's internet connection proven as working.

Unless anyone who uses a 360 (I don't) have any specific suggestions, I can only suggest you follow the advice on error-code help that I posted above (paragraph 3 post #4) and either call into VM Faults (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) or wait here for the staff to pick this up.