cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 buffering issues

minimonte
Joining in

We have TV 360 with 2 mini boxes all connected via Wifi to a VM Hub 4. It took 6 months of repeated engineer visits before we could successfully use the 360 service on the mini boxes. This was solved by an engineer swapping to a Hub 4. Having worked OK for a few months, the original buffering issue has reoccurred. With just the 2 of us in the house so no bandwidth hogging and no other changes, I wonder what is going on? And how to get it fixed?

VM support seems to be hidden with nothing apart from the ability to reset the hub which I’ve done times now. Can I get VM assistance on here I wonder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Make sure the SSID's are different, I have 2.4G and 5G at the end of their name.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @minimonte

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues with your 360 box.

Just to check, do the 360 boxes buffer at the same time? Do you notice this at certain parts of the day or anything and also, when you notice the buffering is the broadband playing up also?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thanks for your reply.

With only 2 of us in the house we are never using more than 1 mini box in addition to the main box. 
We mainly notice buffering in the evening but then that’s when we’re watching tv. 
The broadband seems OK. It seems to be the connection between the hub and the mini box. I frequently see messages on screen saying that the network is busy and we should stop using other services. Again there is only 2 of us in the house. 

Regards

Simon

Hi minimonte,

When you connect the boxes to WiFi do you have 2.4 + 5 GHz options or is there just one WiFi network showing.

If you have both then 2.4 is stronger, is the hub too far away from the main box to use a ethernet cable to connect.

Hi roy247

I have checked the hub and both 2.4 and 5Ghz are active. When I scan the network with one of the boxes, I only see a single option to connect to, which I'm guessing is the 5Ghz one. I know 2.4 has a stronger signal so it would make sense to use that. Is there a setting in the Hub that I'm missing to create 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi networks?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you see both 2.4 and 5Ghz options on your mobile phone.

Instructions on how to split your Wi-Fi network are in the link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization at the bottom then click on Apply Changes.

If you have the Wi-Fi pod's then you need the Channel Optimization left on. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28 

Hi

Not sure what you mean by Wi-Fi pods? I use Google Mesh wifi to extend to network around the house (but the 360 boxes connect direct to the hub) 

Virgins Wi-FI pods 

Ah OK thanks

Re: When you connect the boxes to WiFi do you have 2.4 + 5 GHz options or is there just one WiFi network showing?
I have disabled channel optimisation can still only see 1 network (apart from my MESH network). No option to select 2.4 or 5

It's OK I found the option in Security. I will give a try connecting the boxes via 2.4 and see how we get on

Thanks for your help so far