cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 boxes and networked TVs with programmable IR controllers?

Stubbette
Tuning in

We have 2 new 360 boxes that we're wanting to connecting via LAN to broadcast in multiple rooms. This system (working fine on the old V6 Tivo boxes) uses programmable remote controls which work via an IR blaster attached to each TV, and the source is selected in the room via a Pulse8 controller that channels the signal to the correct Virgin box.

I've just read on here about how to swap the remote controls to IR mode, but the big issue is that we've also read that each remote is "hardwired" to a specific 360 box. This would mean that we can only control the boxes via their own specific controller, rather than using our generic programmable ones (best option) or buying additional 360 controllers for each room.

Will this be an issue? We don't want to decommission and swap from the old boxes if we're effectively "downgrading" the system by limiting each box to one specific remote control that we have to run around between rooms! Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Also the Logitech Harmony remote.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

You can also control the 360 by using the Virgin TV Go app.

I've been able to pair the 360 with my LG NANO Smart remote, other users have also managed to pair their TV remotes with the 360 - search the forums and you may find out how to pair your TV remote with the 360.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

I can't use my other remote with my box.

Each 360 remote pairs 1 to 1 with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one remote with a box and not multiple

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Stubbette
Tuning in

Edited to add that it looks like the IR swap was for the V6 box.... is the 360 box seriously set up with no IR function that users can access?!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Also the Logitech Harmony remote.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

You can also control the 360 by using the Virgin TV Go app.

I've been able to pair the 360 with my LG NANO Smart remote, other users have also managed to pair their TV remotes with the 360 - search the forums and you may find out how to pair your TV remote with the 360.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

I can't use my other remote with my box.

Each 360 remote pairs 1 to 1 with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one remote with a box and not multiple

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave... got that working locally now, but the Pulse8 matrix doesn't want to pass the IR signal through - the old V6 box had no issue with passing through IR so guessing that's a different frequency or something. Do you have any experience or thoughts please?

If not, we'll see if Pulse8 tech support can help and post here if we find a solution! Thanks!