cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box

JT1
Tuning in

Hi. Just installed new tv360 box but when I try and record it says box is off line or not connecto. How do I resolve issue

Thanks

jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Sounds like your new box is a mini box, the mini box has no hard drive it relies on the main box to record, in order to do that the main box needs to be set to fast start or active start and both boxes connected to your hub either by ethernet cable or wifi, you will then be also be able to stream recordings from the main box to the mini box.

On your main box go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.

Fast start - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient it uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

How many boxes do you have, are you just pressing record on the remote or using the TVGO app. How is the box connected to your hub.

Hi. My box is connected by the virgin cable same as the old V6 box. It is right next to my WiFi router. I have a second box in another room still using a V6 box. That seems ok

roy247
Community elder

Sounds like your new box is a mini box, the mini box has no hard drive it relies on the main box to record, in order to do that the main box needs to be set to fast start or active start and both boxes connected to your hub either by ethernet cable or wifi, you will then be also be able to stream recordings from the main box to the mini box.

On your main box go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.

Fast start - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient it uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

Hi

Thanks for that but I am totally confused. You are right it is a mini box but it is in exchange for the V6 box I had. Which is the main box?  I have an additional box in another room but that isn’t affected other than it doesn’t recognise the new box. I have set the box to fast start but it has made no difference. 
Help!

roy247
Community elder

You should have a main box with hard drive and a mini box without a hard drive, the main box is twice the height of the mini box, see the picture below.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

Thanks. I don’t have the main box. An engineer is coming tomorrow. 🤞🤞🤞

Hi @JT1,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've faced some complications with your 360 TV box recently. How are things for you today following the engineer visit that you mentioned? Let us know if you need any further help at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach
Thanks for the contact. Engineer has sorted it. Apparently they switched off the wrong box. We had no broadband in our area for the day so that might have had something to do with it
Onwards and upwards!
Jimmy

We're glad to hear that has been resolved for you. 

^Martin