cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box volume & display

TJW2
Tuning in

Just got a virgin 360 box, how I wish I hadn't & had stuck with the Tivo box despite the problems I was having with catch up there. The volume on the 360 is so low I have to turn it up to 100 & it's still too low. I switched the Dolby thing to 'follow content' which was much better & then it just went quiet again when I watched a recording. Also, is there a way to have recordings, catch up etc just displayed as a list, without pictures? It's like being back in Blockbusters in the '90s. It takes ages to search eg for a programmed beginning with a letter near the end of the alphabet. With the Tivo box you could start typing letters & find the programme you wanted really quickly..

13 REPLIES 13

Well, volume is better but still not consistently good. For some things the volume just seems to drop. And nfortunately it's not possible to have programmes etc displayed as a text list, like on the Tivo box ,I think that shouild be on option with the 360box.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @TJW2,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with your 360 TV box.

Can you please tell me how it is for you at the moment?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Not brilliant, the sound is better but still not really loud enough & varies with different programmes. The huge programme icons displayed  take up so much space, just a list would enable you to see more of what is available in one go. The Tivo box was so much better, I wish I still had it.

We truly apologise for this experience @TJW2.

We will take your feedback on board and pass it on to the relevant teams for improvement. Have you tried rebooting your device to see if the issue persists? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/home-screen-menu-virgin-tv-360

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs