cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box sound sync issues

Kapf1979
Tuning in

My area recently had Virgin media installed. Like everyone in the area we were excited to get the super fast internet speed. We got connected to the top package. My issue is the sound sync being so intermittent. I've tried all of the problem solving threads. The sounds is out of sync on some but not all channels. I'm aware of the audio delay setting and yes, I can tune it to resolve the issue on some channels but then on the other channels that were initially okay are now out of sync so have to change the audio delay option again!! I've tried Audio output Follow content and issue still there. And furthermore, on this setting when changing channels, I get a really high pitch buzz ! I keep it on PCM 5.1 as I have a 5.1 setup with my Bose sound bar with rear surround sound speakers. I've tried PCM 2.0 just to see if the issue persists but still there. Even if PCM 2.0 did resolve the sync issue, I wouldn't accept this as this is 2 channel only which is completely pointless given I've got a 5.1 setup! I've got the latest HDMI cable HDMI 2.1 HDCP 2.3. The Netflix app on the V6 box has the same issue. The app directly on my TV has no audio issues. My previous Sky box had no audio sync issues or any other device. 

Is this a firmware issue on the 360 box? Very frustrating when expecting great things from Virgin! Build version 4.45. Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure you have a V6?

All new installs since 2+ years have been to TV360. Check here if you're not sure - the hardware is the same but software is very different.

V6 have the TiVo logo in the top-right corner by the video preview screen - TV360 doesn't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well spotted, yes you're correct. It's the 360 box not V6. Only installed last week. Thanks for noticing. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To help with sound sync issues. if the video settings are set to Automatic try changing them to 1080i, and to 4K when wanting to play UHD content..

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video > Audio Output > have yuo tried setting it to  Follow Content?

Netflix should always use Follow Content. Also, use 'Follow Content' for any bitstream audio like Atmos where it's available on content.

Have you tried  connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC,  using ARC has been a problem for some people. Also if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar then set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ellistephen
Tuning in

Hi, I've had similar problems with the 360 upgrade, the sound intermittently cuts off and also out of sync, it never happened before the upgrade.  I've tried everything even had the engineer out and he couldn't sort it.  I have now sorted it mine is a Samsung tv and sound bar.  I have used a Digital Audio Optical Cable.   Optical from the Sound Bar to the TV only, no HDMI.  It has worked for me sound does not go off intermittently and is also in sync.  I'm only using 1 HDMI and that's from 360 box to TV. 

Promising result..

Plugged my 360 box hdmi directly into my Bose sound bar and HDMI back out again via ARC connection. Netflix also seems to be synchronised too. Thanks again for the support 👌

Thanks for the reply. Think I've resolved mine by plugging the 360 box via HDMI directly into my sound bar and the other HDMI from my sound bar back to my TV via the ARC HDMI input. Resolved the Netflix issue too!