cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box shared pause

George59
On our wavelength

Hi , I've just upgraded my two v6 boxes to 360 software and very pleased  - not perfect but a good improvement.

Only problem is a multiroom question - if i want to carry on watching a ( live) program in another room it says to press record then carry on watching in the other room  - only problem is when I go on 'save' and press the recording in the second room the only options are watch live or watch from the beginning ( PS the virgin help says to choose the other box from the menu and watch from there  - well that's the instructions for the v6 box with the old software!)

16 REPLIES 16

George59
On our wavelength

—— and previous ditto should have said sorry —- fat fingers !!!!!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again,

Just made a quick check. I have 2x360 boxes (updated from V6) and I can choose which box to record to, as per the picture below.

When I come to play back the recording  I also only have 2 choices:-  watch live, or watch from the beginning.

I chose watch from the beginning and was able to fast forward to the point I wanted to start from.  Hope this helps.

1.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

There again, thanks for your reply- this is what I have been doing, but I thought that there must be a more user friendly way of doing it - the v360 blurb seems to indicate that it’s a seem less pause on one box and pickup on another box - that’s my fault for believing the virgin blurb!

You also need to have both boxes set to fast start or active start if they aren't already.

George59
On our wavelength

They are 

It's a bit clunky but what you need to do is hit record on the box you're currently watching on, go to saved on that box and start watching the recording and then stop watching the recording (by using the back button NOT the pause button). You *should* now be able to pick up from the point you stopped watching the recording on the other box.

George59
On our wavelength

Thanks for that , I’ll give it a try this evening ( I always thought that software updates were meant to make things easier!)