cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box shared pause

George59
On our wavelength

Hi , I've just upgraded my two v6 boxes to 360 software and very pleased  - not perfect but a good improvement.

Only problem is a multiroom question - if i want to carry on watching a ( live) program in another room it says to press record then carry on watching in the other room  - only problem is when I go on 'save' and press the recording in the second room the only options are watch live or watch from the beginning ( PS the virgin help says to choose the other box from the menu and watch from there  - well that's the instructions for the v6 box with the old software!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There again, thanks for your reply- this is what I have been doing, but I thought that there must be a more user friendly way of doing it - the v360 blurb seems to indicate that it’s a seem less pause on one box and pickup on another box - that’s my fault for believing the virgin blurb!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want to watch a live programme in another room, you just choose whichever channel the programme is on, and watch it live?

Or are you talking about pausing a recording in one room, and resuming that recording on another box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

George59
On our wavelength

Hi, what I want to do is pause live tv on box 1, make a cup of tea or whatever then carry on watching from that point on my second box

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi George59,

The info on the following page should help  virgin-tv-watch-recordings-on-another-tv-box#360 

EDIT attached picture from above link.

Watch on another boxWatch on another box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, that is the link I was talking about - it says to go to ‘my shows’ - that is the old v6 software- it doesn’t have ‘my shows ‘ on the 360 software it has ‘saved’

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again George,

I just noticed that. Further to my previous post. I couldn't find My Shows, but fingers crossed the following method should work.

To watch a paused program - On the main box press Record 

On the other box (probably a mini box )  press Home > Saved > Continue Watching  and scroll down to the end and you’ll see the name(s) of 360 boxes you have connected.

Select the other box (probably a mini box) and  press OK  then choose the show you want to watch and press OK

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi again , there’s nothing there ( I think choosing the other box is a v6 thing again) if you press record it saves on save- recording and as I said the only options are watch from the beginning or watch live

thanks for your help with this , I’ve had 2 v6 boxes for years and this just seems weird!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the OPs initial post they have upgraded two V6 boxes. As all recordings are shown in one list on V360, all they need to do is find the recording on the list & resume it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

George59
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply, but as I keep saying there are only 2 options - watch from the before watch live

George59
On our wavelength

Ditto, should have read- two options- watch from the beginning or watch live