cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box recordings

1965Wolf
Tuning in

Problem with accessing recordings. Called Virgin who asked me for box number. Said it would be sorted in 24 to 48 hours at their end. How can they do that?

Not sorted yet since only 24 hours since I called. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would check your network diagnostics tomorrow when it's had chance to settle, press Home, Settings, Network, Diagnostics.

You should have, Signal Quality Good, and 3 green ticks.

Also have you checked your service status at the top of the page just in case there are any known errors.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

roy247
Community elder

What problem do you get when trying to play your recordings, do you get an error code ?

Yes CS3300 or just nothing 

Well the answer for that error code has this for an answer,

Please get in touch with us

We will be able to run some further checks to get your TV service back up and running again.

Doesn't really help much does it.

Assuming you are trying to watch directly from the main box, not on a mini, is it all recordings, can you pause live TV and then continue watching and rewind live TV as this also uses the hard drive and simulates a recording. I assume when you spoke to faults they had you do a factory reset, if not you could try doing a factory reset just select the keep your recordings option.

Live TV will pause.

When I called they didn't ask me to do anything bar give the box number. Then said they would fix at their end. Not being teccy I just do not know how they would do that. 

I would try doing a factory reset then, go to Settings, System, Factory reset is at the bottom, you get the option to keep your recordings or format the hard drive, select keep your recordings. The only other thing you could try is resetting your hub but I doubt that would have any effect but then you never know. Do you only have the one box.

Second box upstairs. Main box is the problem. What does factory setting do and how do I get onto Settings? 

Press Home, Settings is the cog wheel on the right, then go to System and Factory reset is at the bottom. You can keep your recordings, it's more of a reset than a factory reset only a couple of settings change back and you may not have  changed them, from memory I think they are match frame rate and the dolby setting which I have set to follow content, another one maybe the power setting that you need to have set to fast start or active start, so you watch the recordings on your mini box.

Thanks am part way through reset. I now have virgin media logo on screen. How long should it take from here. Logo as been there for a while now

About 5 to 10 minutes.