cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box not connecting to Virgin Media Services or Catch Up

Dufftown
Joining in

One of my 360 boxes will not connect to Virgin Media Services or Catch Up. My other 360 box and an old box are working fine and connect okay .All boxes are connected by cat 5 ethernet cables.The box appears to see the ethernet okay when you go to Network Connection. It fails to negotiate when you do the network connecting test. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem,

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few things here.

1: Can you confirm you definitely have 360 boxes? You've mentioned "an older box" but TV360 only has master & mini-boxes. Legacy TiVo boxes are replaced with TV360 minis when you migrate. Perhaps confirm using the photos on this page what you have. Photos of the TV360 master & mini are below - the mini is half-height due to lack of a hard drive.

1629411602364.jpg

2: There are network connections screens on both TiVo/V6 & TV360, but they work in different ways. Refer to point-1

3: If one of your boxes is working OK and another isn't, then the first troubleshooting is to swap some kit around. Take the known working Ethernet cable and swap it with a non-working one. And/or swap the box - but the Ethernet would be easier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi Dufftown,

As alluded to by japitts you might have TiVo V6 boxes and an old TiVo box because the connect to Virgin Media Services option isn't on the 360 box.

If you have tried resetting the box you could also try disconnecting the ethernet cable and try connecting by wifi to see if that works as well as trying japitts suggestions.

Dufftown
Joining in

I have Qty 2 V360 Boxes and a V6 box. One 360 box will not connect to virgin media services ( failed while negotiating) nor connect to Catch Up etc or properly show the Programme Guide. I have rebooted the box several times, also the Router and the other 2 boxes, all at the same time and separately, and it is still the same. I moved the 3 Boxes around to other positions and the fault appears to be in the one box only, as the other 360 and V6 box work in any position while the faulty 360 box does not work in any of the 3 positions. I cannot record programmes on the faulty box as the programme Guide is not there. I assume the 360 box is u/s but if anyone has any other ideas or tests to try, I would be grateful.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dufftown 

I moved your latest post from the new thread you created to here.

You are confusing us all because you are suggesting you have 2 TV 360 boxes and a V6.

This is not possible and may be the root of your problems.

How many boxes should you have and confirm their types as requested above?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dufftown wrote:

I have Qty 2 V360 Boxes and a V6 box. One 360 box will not connect to virgin media services ( failed while negotiating)

No, you can't have. TV360 & TiVo/V6 are different and incompatible with each other - you either have all of one, or the other but not a mix of both.

Can you look at the photos in the link below, and confirm what you have. I have my suspicions, but assumptions are the last thing this thread needs.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box