cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box noisy on standby

Taffytone
Joining in

Hi , had Virgin 360 installed two days ago by an engineer , we've had to put the box behind the TV do try and lower the constant noise coming from the box even on standby it sounds like a low hum or a light grinding sound ? I had V6 at my last home with no sound issues at all it's just annoying when you want a quiet moment in the day .should I contact Virgin or is this box noisy as standard???

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Sounds like a faulty box as they not noisy as standard, it could be a noisy fan or hard drive. As you have already had a V6 the 360 should make the same amount of noise as the V6 did as the hardware is the same, the difference between the boxes is the software.

Sounds like a call to Virgin will be required.

whatwayisup
Joining in

Do as Roy247 says mate.

What reason did the engineer give for putting the box behind the TV?

If it was the only place fair enough, but if it was due to the noise then he don't know his job.

The V360 runs silently

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Taffytone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the 360. I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, I've been through diagnostics and it does look like an engineer is required.

I'll need a few more details from you before I can arrange this, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Taffytone,

Thank you for reaching out to us via private message so we could investigate and assist you further.

As discussed, we've arranged for a technician visit to go ahead so that they can take a closer look at what's going on here for you. We're unable to confirm publicly the date/time of the visit, but you can manage and reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Taffytone
Joining in

Thanks everyone , especially Zac from the team , had an engineer visit this morning,  and fitted a new 360 box , issue sorted 👍👍

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Taffytone,

Thank you for the update, I am glad that this is now sorted for you 🙂

Have a lovely day. 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide