cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box keeps turning standby off

Grimbo1982
Tuning in

Hi,

we upgraded to volt from our existing package last Friday. We received a new 360 mini box and updated the software on our existing v6 box. Since we have done this, the box doesn’t stay in standby and appears to turn itself off completely. The only way I can get it back on is by flicking the black power switch on the back of the box. This never happened before with the old software so I can only assume the update has caused it. Virgin are aware of an issue as they can see the box is not connecting (as it’s off). I’ve got an engineer visit booked for Thursday but wondering if anyone has else has experienced this and have any possible solutions?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

Sounds like the box is set to eco mode, if it is try setting the box to fast start or active start.

I’ve checked the settings but when I say it’s turning off, there is literally no lights on the box at all, I.e pressing the on button on the remote doesn’t turn the box on and the only way I can get the box to power up is by flicking the switch on the back.

Wasn’t set to eco-mode, was on active mode. 
this is what the box looks like, black switch at back is on but no standby light at all.

D43E1498-1EEE-4461-941C-E6F124263600.jpeg

@Grimbo1982 wrote:

Wasn’t set to eco-mode, was on active mode. 
this is what the box looks like, black switch at back is on but no standby light at all.

D43E1498-1EEE-4461-941C-E6F124263600.jpeg

I see the problem, you are experiencing an earthquake!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Grimbo1982, thanks for posting to our forum and welcome to our community 🙂

We're sorry to see about the migration caused this issue with your TV 360 box.

Since you stated you had an appointment for yesterday, did the engineer visit since your last post and did they manage to fix or replace your TV box?
Let us know how this went and if you still need our help so we can provide it.

Happy to assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

it was because it was set to eco, since we changed it, it works fine. No engineer visit was needed.

thanks,

Simon