cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box keeps turning on TV during the night

Hammyman
Tuning in

Since I upgraded V6 box to 360 (4 days ago) every morning the Samsung TV has turned itself on by itself! Is it possible this is something to do with the installation of 360?

Cheers Ian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi you need to turn your TV off separately with the TV remote, as virgin carry out updates etc in the early hours of the morning so you may find the virgin box on to. Regards Micky

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi you need to turn your TV off separately with the TV remote, as virgin carry out updates etc in the early hours of the morning so you may find the virgin box on to. Regards Micky

Cheers Micky. I have always done that, but never have had to turn off my V6 box to avoid this problem.  I'm not going to worry about it, just turn them both off as the 360 box is almost instantaneous in starting up..

Thanks,  Ian

Hello Hammyman,

Thanks for posting on the forum in regards to your TV360 and TV issues, it must be confusing to find your TV on after turning it off the previous night!

The development team are aware of this and currently investigating, when there are any updates we'll be sure to let people know.

Rob

A year on and this is still hapening to me. Set a sleep timer on the TV itself. Get woken up early hours by the TV turning itself on. Is there any fix in sight?

Hi, you seem to have been investigating this for over a year. What is the solution from Virgin Media. Please do not say “make sure you turn off your VM V360 box before you go to bed. I know that but this still should not be happening. It didn’t happen with the old V6 set up. This is just one of a number of backward steps with V360 including not being able to retrieve recordings once deleted, not helped by the cursor remaining over the delete button when deleting. Also BBC iPlayer quality is awful through V360. Come in Virgin, sort yourselves out 

Hi rjmitfc,

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are sorry that your TV is still turning itself on and that this and your other points haven't been fixed, we take feed back seriously and has been taken on board, we do advise turning the TV off separately and also the 360 box, this is something I do on all 3 boxes and never had the issue with the TV turning back on.

Regards

Paul.

b1lly
On our wavelength

I'm now having this problem. Twice I've got up and had to turn the TV and VM 360 box off. It appears VM don't have a fix for this so I'll unlink the Panasonic TVs HDMI link so it doesn't automatically turn the TV on when the main box comes on. As another has said, a backward step and considering the 360 platform has been up and running for over 12 months it's full of bugs and glitches.

Thanks for your post @b1lly, and I'm sorry you've recently been effected by this issue.

Our team will do all they can to ensure issues of this nature are resolved as soon as possible for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Freg
Joining in

This problem is not solved.  its now April 2023 .  It happened to at least 2 people (including me) last night. There is a new post/thread on this topic.  The 360 box/tv turned on at least 3 time last night.  Had to go downstairs 3 times after hearing voices in our lounge, a bit concerning to say the least.  Turns out BBC 1 news channel was on via the 360 box.  Did notice the 2 update arrows were displayed on the 360 box.  I guess we may need to disable the 'one power' option on the 360 box to mitigate the issue.  Can Virgin not solve this?  The V6 box didnt have this problem.

Ray