cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box instructions

Garsa
Tuning in

Did anyone receive any instructions with their new 360 box? All I have is a booklet called "Virgin TV 360 Grab the remote and get going" which gives gives basic instructions on the remote.

One of these instructions is to 'press the home button and head for Help'. There is no help

77 REPLIES 77

Same story for quite a few of us.  The goods news is a lot of useful tips are appearing here.  Have a good play around with the voice commands. Voice control definitely seems to be the way forward.  

This forum has been very useful. Here is another question.

I have a main and a mini box that are located quite a distance from one another and the second one is a long way from the hub. As a consequence my WiFi in that part of the house is not good. I have solved the problem by getting a BTWholeHome mesh system- not unduly expensive, a 3 disc set cost £169 from Amazon. It works really well, when I did a Speedchecker before it struggled to get 20 to 30 mbps but I now get 100+ even in remote rooms. The nice thing is that you don’t need to turn off the Virgin hub’s WiFi so it works alongside it- other mesh systems seemed to need the hub to be switched to just a modem. The way the v360 box works is different to the old TiVo boxes and recordings take place on the main box and not on the mini so if you want to watch a recording on the mini box it uses WiFi to download it the same as if you watch Netflix, Prime etc. I have my remote box now connected to the BTHome network but the box close to the hub is connected via Ethernet so I assume it uses the Virgin WiFi connection.

So my question is do I need to change any settings on the box that is directly connected to the hub? Having tested it I can see all my recordings on both boxes, all the apps work and the Hive heating control also works fine so I don’t think I need to do anything else but would appreciate any comments from the techies.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

No changes to do they will see each other automatically over the network.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

👍

have not got any instructions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi davy85,

Hopefully VM Staff member BlueLou will pick this up for you and arrange for the instructions to be sent out.

There is online help and instructions available here >>>>  /help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

From the material appearing on the VM website there now seems to be some progress on letting people have some helpful instructions about the TV360 box and the remote control.

Still no sign of a definition of the strange unlabelled black and white button with TV on it!!

Thanks for this helpful link.

That would be the one that just turns the TV on and off and not the 360 box as well.

Thanks. That's what I imagined - but it hasn't actually done anyting like that yet!!!

Remote needs to be paired to the TV and one power in settings set to on. The remote should have paired during the install.