cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box instructions

Garsa
Tuning in

Did anyone receive any instructions with their new 360 box? All I have is a booklet called "Virgin TV 360 Grab the remote and get going" which gives gives basic instructions on the remote.

One of these instructions is to 'press the home button and head for Help'. There is no help

77 REPLIES 77

@MichaelTribe wrote:

Still no sign of a definition of the strange unlabelled black and white button with TV on it!!

If you mean the one to the top right of the OK button it's the "last channel" button - it'll take you back to the last watched channel.  It'll also return you to live TV form any menu/app.

If you mean the black/white power key at the top left it'll turn your TV on/off independently of the box (the red one on the top right will turn the box and TV on/off together if one power is enabled in the settings).

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MichaelTribe wrote:

Still no sign of a definition of the strange unlabelled black and white button with TV on it!!

That's here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#360

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for this - it's coming together!!

Hi

My wife complained, quite reasonably, that the new (and very welcome) diagram of the TV360 remote control with descriptors for most of the buttons has writing which is too small and indistinct. Think of the National Health Service protocol for the font and size of text in communications with patients. Virgin Media would lose hands down according to that protocal. So, I have made up - with some difficulty - my own Word file with larger and clearer text which can be read more easily.

Also, on our TV360 remote control the black and while button at the top left hand corner does not do anything at all - is there a way of connecting it to the TV controls (i.e. turning the TV itself on and off) as, apparently, it should be?

We are becoming more familiar with TV360 and enjoy it.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red button to the right of the white TV button puts both the TV 360 and the TV into standby, the white TV button should put just the TV into standby. It certainly does on my TV 360 remote.

I would check that the appropriate Audio & Video settings are correct.

One Power set to On.

Pair remote with devices set to your TV model and audio setup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Any idea on what the coloured buttons are for on the bottom of the VM 360 remote in the UK? Surely they can't still be for teletext or Ceefax services.

These buttons are missing on the European  version of the 360 remote...

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The coloured buttons are used by any part of the Horizon software or the apps that want to use them.

Try pressing red on any BBC channel for red button support.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How to pair devices?

Amazon Prime uses the Green button to add / remove from watchlist