cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box in V6 mode TV Volume control pair

Phil1955
Joining in

We've just had the Virgin guy install a 360 box.   It seems to be emulating a V6.    I would like to control the volume on our Sony TV with the rectangular 360 remote.  

The onscreen instructions refer to a "Clear" button which is on a V6 remote but not on our 360 remote.  Which one do I use?

thanks

phil

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like your running v6 software not 360 software. You'll either need a v6 remote or your box updated to 360

Thanks for this.

so why would the Virgin guy put V6 software on. 360 box?

phil

Both the V6 and 360 boxes look the same it's only the software that's different, was this a new install or an upgrade, additional box or a replacement for the old TiVo box.

Hi Roy

This is a replacement for an old TiVo box.   The VM man gave me what looks like a 360 Box with a 360 Remote running V6 firmware  

All I want is a VM telly box and it would be nice to control the TV volume from the remote.   It seems all I need to do is somehow pair the remote with the TV but there is no key combination to initiate the code selection. 

If that's the case I'll get on with my life and use the TV remote to control the volume!

Thanks

Hi Phil1955,

The V6 box is a replacement for the TiVo box so it's as jb66 said you either need to update your account to 360 or what should be easier is just to get a V6 remote, you can order one Here and if that doesn't work you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Edited to add; If the engineer didn't take your old remote you should be able to use that one.

Great!

Thanks for this. 

Im now using the old remote.  It's working fine.

I'm surprised it works when there's is a screen saying only one remote can be paired to the box. 

Phil