cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box feedback

ms6282
On our wavelength

So, I was tempted to “upgrade” to this new box. At the moment am regretting the decision as there are a number of issues compared to the Tivo box. None of which was made clear in advance and no way of trying to resolve without resorting to a forum, which, frankly, is just not good enough

1. no installation instructions provided - luckily I was able to work out how to do it myself. Not good enough virgin.

2. app selection poor. Fewer apps than tivo box

3. remote control app not compatible with new box - so no way of setting up recordings remotely

4. can’t find a way of finding out how much memory has been used up by recordings

5. on catch up there is the option to add programmes to a “watch list”. But can I find it? No. No menu option for this

6  No help option on menu so no way of trying to resolve issues like 4 and 5 above

7. Virgin didn’t inform customers in offer to “upgrade” that recordings depended on internet connection (nor of some of other changes from tivo functionality)

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button

I’m sure I will find other problems as I’ve only had this thing installed for a few days

from some other comments on forums it appears I have unknowingly enrolled as a guinea pig in Virginmedia’s trial of this device. This was not made clear in their original email

also no specific forum for this box - even though there was bound to be issueswith a new box being unwittingly tested by customers 

Struggling to find any positives in this so called “upgrade” at the moment

53 REPLIES 53

Hi Barry,

We have been told series link options like new only will return, but when is anybody's guess.

The only way I have found to jump between 2 channels is to put them on record and then watch from where you left, no where near as easy as before, previously you could set the channels so you could switch between 6 different channels.

There is no way of retrieving recordings deleted in error. You have to be careful when deleting unwanted episodes in series links because when you delete something and it drops to the next episode the bin is highlighted not the next episode title, so easy to press OK thinking you are on the program to start, which surely would have been the sensible option.

Another thing they need to get rid of is the automatic start of the next episode, or at least give you the option to turn it off.

The remote seems a step backwards and is a very stripped down version of the old V6 remote. Lack of features and especially shortcuts - particularly  to my shows (rather than having to trawl through the Home section every time. No stop button so you can't  get an in picture of the live channel temporarily if you want to pause watching a recording. etc, no quick clear/delete of recordings and many more things. These things need to be sorted rapidly if 360 is to Ben regarded as an upgrade.

devonman
On our wavelength
No sign of an update anytime soon according to Virgin!

Agree!

devonman
On our wavelength
There’s a whole thread about this. I never had the problem with V6 but get it frequently with 360 and if any Virgin staff are reading this, I don’t have a sound bar or surround sound, just TV speakers.

Yes, your have to ask yourself why they gave 360 that feature……

devonman
On our wavelength
I keep being told it’s “not possible” to go back to the V6 software, what they mean is they won’t let you. The box is a ‘computer’ and 360 is software, reload the V6 software,

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nilot wrote:

The remote seems a step backwards and is a very stripped down version of the old V6 remote. Lack of features and especially shortcuts - particularly  to my shows (rather than having to trawl through the Home section every time. No stop button so you can't  get an in picture of the live channel temporarily if you want to pause watching a recording. etc, no quick clear/delete of recordings and many more things. These things need to be sorted rapidly if 360 is to Ben regarded as an upgrade.

You can say 'Saved' using the Voice control to get there.

In Saved > See All list you have a 'trash' icon which will delete all recordings for a series, and in Manage Storage you have fast clean up options:

• Delete all fully watched recordings
  • Delete all recordings older than six months
  • Delete all recordings
  • Stop all future recordings
  • Delete and stop recordings
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Yes, this lack of a ‘new only’ option means you fill up your memory with programmes you’ve already seen and NO, you can’t recover deleted recordings on 360, backward step or what! Who the heck thought that was an improvement?

devonman
On our wavelength
Agree about the delete feature, if you delete one episode the selector should default to the next episode so if you press the select button the worst you can do is play the recording, not delete it!