cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box feedback

ms6282
On our wavelength

So, I was tempted to “upgrade” to this new box. At the moment am regretting the decision as there are a number of issues compared to the Tivo box. None of which was made clear in advance and no way of trying to resolve without resorting to a forum, which, frankly, is just not good enough

1. no installation instructions provided - luckily I was able to work out how to do it myself. Not good enough virgin.

2. app selection poor. Fewer apps than tivo box

3. remote control app not compatible with new box - so no way of setting up recordings remotely

4. can’t find a way of finding out how much memory has been used up by recordings

5. on catch up there is the option to add programmes to a “watch list”. But can I find it? No. No menu option for this

6  No help option on menu so no way of trying to resolve issues like 4 and 5 above

7. Virgin didn’t inform customers in offer to “upgrade” that recordings depended on internet connection (nor of some of other changes from tivo functionality)

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button

I’m sure I will find other problems as I’ve only had this thing installed for a few days

from some other comments on forums it appears I have unknowingly enrolled as a guinea pig in Virginmedia’s trial of this device. This was not made clear in their original email

also no specific forum for this box - even though there was bound to be issueswith a new box being unwittingly tested by customers 

Struggling to find any positives in this so called “upgrade” at the moment

53 REPLIES 53

gryphon2
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've had this new box for a while now so thought I'd add my two penneth.

I honestly can't believe this box was even considered ready for TESTING since there are so many basic features that the V6 box had that 360 just isn't able to do. It's not even half baked. Not being able to set series link to record NEW only seems to me to be a basic feature and yet this "super new" box isn't capable of that. Instead I have to trawl through umpteen recordings press the INFO button to establish that it is indeed yet another repeat showing and then delete.

There's no way to retrieve a recently deleted program.

After watching a recording, sometimes they disappear from the Saved list, only to magically reappear later on - press INFO, remove from watchlist/delete depending what option the box feels like giving today.

There's no Dolby Atmos support for Netflix.

About the only feature I do like is the ability to start a program from the beginning if caught within the timeframe.

If given the choice I think I would happily revert back to a V6 box. (Please....?) Or possibly even leave altogether, as long as I haven't inadvertently recontracted ........🤔

When are we going be to given (word of) the promised update? And when are we going to be asked OFFICIALLY for our feedback considering we are test subjects?

the lack of response from virgin is deafening

The trouble is you can't leave the trial!!  I've been waiting to swap back to my V6 box for a week but am told the 360 team who never phone within 72 hours to change my package are the same team who need to deactivate the 360 box and reconnect the V6.  We're completely stuck

it is amost kafkaesque - wasn't until i came on here  that i was advised by other unhappy customers that it was a trial

i was sold an upgrade...

jhuk
Trouble shooter

FTLOG does this finally have HDMI-CEC in 2021ish?

@jhuk wrote:

FTLOG does this finally have HDMI-CEC in 2021ish?

Yes - they call it "One Power" in the settings and it'll turn on/off your TV and any connected AV amp.  It'll also auto detect the manufacturer and allow you to control the volume (and change which device you control from the settings).

There are two power buttons on the remote - the "red" one will turn on all connected devices at once along with the 360 box.  The "white" one will only turn the TV on/off.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Cool as my mother cannot work out how to turn on her TV's now (dementia) even though it is the same button (long press) to turn on the V6, I added Chromecasts to her Non Smart TV's) but they only work turning it on and then its on HDMI-2 so she would be back to square one to get to HDMI-1 for V6 and then it will not turn of via Chromecast once you have changed input to V6.

HDMI-CEC on the cable box side would fix this AFAICS.

Finally given up.  Having waited another fortnight for two promised return calls within 72 hours and had nothing I have just signed up with Sky.  I'm really sad because I have a bit of a moral issue with the organisation but their Black Friday deal means I am saving £48 a month on the same package I had with Virgin plus I get Sky Atlantic and Netflix.  Very, very disappointed that 30 years of loyal custom (I actually go back to Nynex so pre NTL World) counts for absolutely nothing to Virgin and the fact they choose to ignore messages posted on the forum is shocking.

1. Another fault on the modified TiVo 360 box is in when recording you had link options. I can see nowhere where I can record ‘new only’. So when F1 starts again it will spend its life recording everything.

2. Yet another fault is the button to go to previous channel which basically allowed you to view 2 channels at once.

3 Haven’t found out yet how to retrieve recordings deleted in error.

Will add more when I can think off them.

It has nowhere near functionality of V6 and "improved" interface just doesn't make up for it.

Poor app selection

Poorer search functionality

No stop button on remote 

Not an upgrade at all...