cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box feedback

ms6282
On our wavelength

So, I was tempted to “upgrade” to this new box. At the moment am regretting the decision as there are a number of issues compared to the Tivo box. None of which was made clear in advance and no way of trying to resolve without resorting to a forum, which, frankly, is just not good enough

1. no installation instructions provided - luckily I was able to work out how to do it myself. Not good enough virgin.

2. app selection poor. Fewer apps than tivo box

3. remote control app not compatible with new box - so no way of setting up recordings remotely

4. can’t find a way of finding out how much memory has been used up by recordings

5. on catch up there is the option to add programmes to a “watch list”. But can I find it? No. No menu option for this

6  No help option on menu so no way of trying to resolve issues like 4 and 5 above

7. Virgin didn’t inform customers in offer to “upgrade” that recordings depended on internet connection (nor of some of other changes from tivo functionality)

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button

I’m sure I will find other problems as I’ve only had this thing installed for a few days

from some other comments on forums it appears I have unknowingly enrolled as a guinea pig in Virginmedia’s trial of this device. This was not made clear in their original email

also no specific forum for this box - even though there was bound to be issueswith a new box being unwittingly tested by customers 

Struggling to find any positives in this so called “upgrade” at the moment

53 REPLIES 53

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@broksonic wrote:

V6 box was far better than the 360 that can’t even record just  new programs or series . 

That'll be fixed in an update 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bikerbabe
Joining in
I installed the 360 box last Sunday and like you don't like it.
Can't see any radio guide and can no longer record radio programs.
If you watch part of a recorded program when you go back to it, it starts from the beginning again.
No stop button
when recording it does not give you the option to only record one program.
I have just phoned Virgin Media to try and swap back to my V6 box. They were very helpful and told me I could change back but first as this was a pilot and not rolled out yet (like you I didn't know that was what I was signing up for) could a 360 master phone me for my feedback on the issues I didn't like.

Yes I agree, the V6 TV guide had much bigger text, my husband has poor sight and struggles with the 360 guide.

I would like to think that someone at virgin is reading these forums and something will be done.about the 360. Surely the concerns here are being collated?

I've tried on numerous occasions to get through to virgin to no avail

It clearly is inferior to the V6 and I for one, feel i've been taken for a mug

ms6282
On our wavelength

Anybody else finding the sound is slightly out of sync with the pictures? Noticeable when people are talking

There is a setting for "Audio Delay"  in the settings button.  This might be a way of doing something...

Good Luck! 

johnsonm
Tuning in

I volunteered to have a 360 box and regret it massively.  I realised after that I am out of contract and so phoned last Friday (30.10.20) asking to negotiate my package.  I was told I could get upgraded from M100 broadband to M350 at no cost and could definitely save on the TV package.  One the person realised I was on a 360 box he said I needed to be transferred to the 360 Department.  I was transferred, and then transferred two more times.  After an hour on the phone I was told someone would call me in the next 72 hours.  No-on called me so I rang back on Wednesday and spoke to a lovely lady called Sarah who said she would speak to her manager to sort the problem and call me back at 5.00pm on Thursday.  She didn't.  I rang again yesterday (6.11.20) and having been transferred twice I spoke to someone who promised I would get a call back this morning at 11.00am.  No-one called.

I've just rung again now and spoke to someone who tells me that it is impossible for Virgin to guarantee what time they will call me.  She was terrible.  Blamed Covid etc.  I have asked her to start an official complaint which she says she will and she guaranteed someone will call me within 72 hours.

Been with Virgin over 30 years (back in NTL days) and never had a problem.  This level of customer service has really shocked me.  If I don't get a call by close of play Tuesday I'm moving to Sky - something I really don't to do!

I'm also with virgin since ntl days and agree wholeheartedly with your comments. I've been beaten into submission by the difficulty getting through to customer service re the 360. Unbelievable that this supposed upgrade doesn't have the basic functionality of the V6. No all4 or My5 app is ludicrous. Absolutely appalled at virgin for punting this as an improvement and at myself for falling for it.

Absolutely Peter.  I know never to be a guinea pig in my working life and don't know why I fell into this trap.

The other thing I have asked if I can plug back in my V6 box and return the 360 box but they say I would still need the 360 team to deactivate the 360 box!  I'm totally stuck.

Whether that works or not, this shouldn’t happen.

it has happened, though, on several occasions. Rebooting box seems to fix it - until the next time it happens.

we’re getting used to the box now and there are some improvements on TIVO but clearly a work in progress foisted on us as a so called “improvement” when, in reality, we’re guinea pigs.