cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box feedback

ms6282
On our wavelength

So, I was tempted to “upgrade” to this new box. At the moment am regretting the decision as there are a number of issues compared to the Tivo box. None of which was made clear in advance and no way of trying to resolve without resorting to a forum, which, frankly, is just not good enough

1. no installation instructions provided - luckily I was able to work out how to do it myself. Not good enough virgin.

2. app selection poor. Fewer apps than tivo box

3. remote control app not compatible with new box - so no way of setting up recordings remotely

4. can’t find a way of finding out how much memory has been used up by recordings

5. on catch up there is the option to add programmes to a “watch list”. But can I find it? No. No menu option for this

6  No help option on menu so no way of trying to resolve issues like 4 and 5 above

7. Virgin didn’t inform customers in offer to “upgrade” that recordings depended on internet connection (nor of some of other changes from tivo functionality)

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button

I’m sure I will find other problems as I’ve only had this thing installed for a few days

from some other comments on forums it appears I have unknowingly enrolled as a guinea pig in Virginmedia’s trial of this device. This was not made clear in their original email

also no specific forum for this box - even though there was bound to be issueswith a new box being unwittingly tested by customers 

Struggling to find any positives in this so called “upgrade” at the moment

53 REPLIES 53

ms6282
On our wavelength

Should add I appreciate other users taking time to help solve problems,.

virgin should be doing this though. We pay them enough

The TVGo app works fine with remote setting of recordings for me (Android Version).  Have set a few that way by hitting record from the guide page (record icon in the image for Homes Under the Hammer that @dannylau posted)

You are correct, however, in that the TVControl app doesn't work with the 360 - it's only for the V6/Tivo.

A lot of useful info on the Ziggo site (Dutch equivalent of Virgin Media also owned by Libert Global).  It's all in Dutch though but if you use Google Chrome it'll translate the pages for you. (RIght click on page and select "Translate into English")

They use the same boxes and TVgo app (it's just called Media Box Next)

https://www.ziggo.nl/televisie/mediaboxen/mediabox-next#ziggo-tv

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello @ms6282 

This is why it is a community based forum, if you require a VM staff member to answer then you will have to wait several days, as they are dealing with posts oldest first and are quite busy.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I appreciate assistance from forum members. But I play quite a lot to Virgin yet the basic information on how to use their products Is sadly lacking. They rely on others volunteering their time for nowt to sort stuff out. They must be laughing as they bank their profits

chrisstoneham
Tuning in

I cannot read the text of the TV programmes list, as it is too small.   Also, can i turn off the "logos" of the programmes, as they are too indistinct to read the channel titles.

Similar problems here..

Guide font is too small and generally dissatisfied with what is clearly an inferior product to the V6 box. 

@ms6282 wrote:

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button Favorites stick unlike the tivo

Yes, it was so incredibly annoying that this simple issue was never going to be addressed on the V6. Sometimes I'd go back into the guide and my favourites would still be selected, other times it would have reverted back to all channels.

And, related, is the ability to reorder channels in a way that makes sense to me. Thumbs up for that.

I've also found so far that I'm less likely to click on a programme in the guide that has not yet started or has already ended. That might just be me though.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The thing that shocks me most is nobody has mentioned reminders, it was such a big deal for people with the Tivo, now they're back and nobody has mentioned it, I never used them even in the days before you could record, but some people really want them 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

V6 box was far better than the 360 that can’t even record just  new programs or series .