cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box feedback

ms6282
On our wavelength

So, I was tempted to “upgrade” to this new box. At the moment am regretting the decision as there are a number of issues compared to the Tivo box. None of which was made clear in advance and no way of trying to resolve without resorting to a forum, which, frankly, is just not good enough

1. no installation instructions provided - luckily I was able to work out how to do it myself. Not good enough virgin.

2. app selection poor. Fewer apps than tivo box

3. remote control app not compatible with new box - so no way of setting up recordings remotely

4. can’t find a way of finding out how much memory has been used up by recordings

5. on catch up there is the option to add programmes to a “watch list”. But can I find it? No. No menu option for this

6  No help option on menu so no way of trying to resolve issues like 4 and 5 above

7. Virgin didn’t inform customers in offer to “upgrade” that recordings depended on internet connection (nor of some of other changes from tivo functionality)

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button

I’m sure I will find other problems as I’ve only had this thing installed for a few days

from some other comments on forums it appears I have unknowingly enrolled as a guinea pig in Virginmedia’s trial of this device. This was not made clear in their original email

also no specific forum for this box - even though there was bound to be issueswith a new box being unwittingly tested by customers 

Struggling to find any positives in this so called “upgrade” at the moment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot_20201010-113558.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

53 REPLIES 53

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ms6282 wrote:

So, I was tempted to “upgrade” to this new box. At the moment am regretting the decision as there are a number of issues compared to the Tivo box. None of which was made clear in advance and no way of trying to resolve without resorting to a forum, which, frankly, is just not good enough

1. no installation instructions provided - luckily I was able to work out how to do it myself. Not good enough virgin.

2. app selection poor. Fewer apps than tivo box  Apps are written by the content providers, they'll come eventually

3. remote control app not compatible with new box - so no way of setting up recordings remotely You need to install the "virgin tv go" app

4. can’t find a way of finding out how much memory has been used up by recordings It says the percentage on the recordings page

5. on catch up there is the option to add programmes to a “watch list”. But can I find it? No. No menu option for this go to saved and scroll along to watchlist, or just say watchlist to the remote

6  No help option on menu so no way of trying to resolve issues like 4 and 5 above

7. Virgin didn’t inform customers in offer to “upgrade” that recordings depended on internet connection (nor of some of other changes from tivo functionality) Same functionality as the V6

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button Favorites stick unlike the tivo

I’m sure I will find other problems as I’ve only had this thing installed for a few days

from some other comments on forums it appears I have unknowingly enrolled as a guinea pig in Virginmedia’s trial of this device. This was not made clear in their original email

also no specific forum for this box - even though there was bound to be issueswith a new box being unwittingly tested by customers 

Struggling to find any positives in this so called “upgrade” at the moment

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

ms6282
On our wavelength

Well, I’ve now been able to access watchlist (eventually found a way using voice control) However when trying to save to watchlist, when pressing add to watchlist button message appears “deleted from watchlist” !!! Tried several times and get same respinse.

ms6282
On our wavelength

app selection poor. Fewer apps than tivo box  Apps are written by the content providers, they'll come eventually

you think that is satisfactory? Not made clear when took up “offer”

3. remote control app not compatible with new box - so no way of setting up recordings remotely You need to install the "virgin tv go" app

I have been using this app on my phone and ipad for some time now.so it is downloaded. It DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS NEW BOX ONLY TIVO.

4. can’t find a way of finding out how much memory has been used up by recordings

5. on catch up there is the option to add programmes to a “watch list”. But can I find it? No. No menu option for this

7. Virgin didn’t inform customers in offer to “upgrade” that recordings depended on internet connection (nor of some of other changes from tivo functionality) Same functionality as the V6

sorry I don’t agree that is the case

8. Programme menu is a bit of a mess compared to tivo. When personal favourites set require several clicks on remote to activate whereas tivo justrequired tap of blue button Favorites stick unlike the tivo

I don’t understand your point here.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

it does work because im using it, you have to download the new version of tvgo

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

if you set up favorites and make the box start with that profile you will only ever see your favorites unlike tivo where it reset after a couple of hours

ms6282
On our wavelength

Tv GO does NOT allow you to set recording virgin tv control supposed to allow you to do that. I have both apps (latest version) from apple store. And tv control DOES NOT WORK WITH NEW BOX

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot_20201010-113147.jpg

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot_20201010-113558.jpg

ms6282
On our wavelength

Ok after a bit of faffing I’ve found you can now use the tvgo app to set recordings. But not obvious and we really shouldn’t be having to come onto these forums to work out how to do basic stuff.

but that’s virgin. They’re pretty useless at providing instructions on how to use their products.