cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box and sky soundbox

pdavis110
Tuning in

Hi,

I've just switched from sky to virgin and am having an issue getting the 360 box to work properly with the sky soundbox.

The issue is when the 360 has been on standby and I turn it on via the remote the white light on the 360 box comes on and the TV powers up (all good so far).

However, the TV screen gets stuck on the hdmi screen, like it's not getting a signal from the 360.

If I then manually turn on the sky soundbox, the TV gets the hdmi signal from the box and it all works and I get the picture.

I have a hdmi going from TV to hdmi out on the soundbox and a hdmi from the hdmi in to the 360.

If I switch those about the TV doesn't get a signal.

I guess I need the soundbox to power up when I turn on the TV/360 but don't know if that's possible? It did power up on my old sky q box.

Or do I just need to manually turn on the soundbox separately each time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What TV do you have?

As the Soundbox will be designed for Sky you may have to look at how the HDMI setup is done to get it working as expected.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

roy247
Community elder

Have you paired the Sky Soundbox to the 360,

Go to Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Change audio set up > then select Devialet (or Sky) and click on Enter device model number, then type  in SB10 and press Go - this should then pair with the Soundbox

It is a Phillips 70PUS7805 4k ultra HD

Yes, I have paired using Sky and Devialet (SB10) options and both ways work when the soundbox and TV/360 is on. Sounds comes out and I can control the volume using the 360 remote.

So it looks all paired it's just turning the TV/360 box on doesn't turn on the soundbox.

The soundbox remote doesn't seem to work either now, so we have to press the on button on the soundbox itself for the sound and picture to come up.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @pdavis110 

As per the video below you should connect the soundbox to the HDMI (Arc) port on your TV if it has one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYmfJiLO7yQ&t=110s 

Also on your TV make sure that EasyLink is turned on, and on the 360 under Settings > Audio & Video > One power is turned ON.

Some Philips TV's have a problem in that if anything in the chain isn't compatable with CEC then it can others working so try settings the 360 and Sky soundbar up without any other devices such as a Firestick or Bluray player etc aren't connected.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali