cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box and minibox going to 'sleep', won't activate with remote

Spoons72
Joining in

Recently upgraded to 360 and have one problem we can't solve.

Both boxes are set to fast start, and both set to wait 24 hours before going into standby.

Both boxes seem to go to sleep if left for a few hours (eg between breakfast and lunch), the light on the front stays white, but the screen is blank and no sound. No button on either remote will wake the box, and I have to use the power switch to reset it. I then have to wait for the reset screens etc. We're currently avoiding this by manually putting the box into standby, but my mum sometimes forgets and then if I'm not home to reset the box she can't turn it back on again. How can I avoid this?

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Spoons72,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your 360 box at the moment!

Have you been able to take a look at our TV Faults page to see if this can help resolve your issue? 

Does this issue impact box boxes? Have you checked if the remote control batteries are new and working?

Do you have any issues with the remote when the TV is on?

Please let us know so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No I've not checked that page I'll have a look.

Yes it affects both boxes. 

The batteries are all new.

The remote works perfectly for all other interactions.

When the box is 'asleep' the light on the front of the box is white. Pressing that button also will not wake the box.

Thanks

What happens if you select a different input on the TV, for example the old fashioned aerial If you have one, just asking in case it's the TV eco setting not detecting any activity.

Just tried this and it has no effect, it's definitely that the VM box becomes completely unresponsive.

Hey Spoons72, thank you for reaching back out.

Okay, please can you try doing a factory reset of the box and then repair the remote control up.

Have you also checked the settings to see if this can be changed into  another setting?

Home>Settings (cog)>System>Standby Power Consumption >  and pick from there.

Please do let me know. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?