cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box and coaxial cable install

Macka3
Joining in

I have recently signed up for a tv and broadband package for a propertly i have not long since moved into. the house is supplied with virgin fibre however the location where this comes into the property is on the other side of the house to where my tv sits. Is this the same cable (coaxial) thats needed to plug into my 360 box?

Am i right in thinking this fibre box now needs to be moved to the other side of the house in order to install the 360 box and does the router need to be connected to this directly? I was sent a self install pack so its looking like i wont be able to do this without an engineer now?

Any help would be much appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

UHD/HD over wifi connection to main 360 TV box? wow! that means i need a strong wifi signal for that to work.

Do most of you run cables everywhere from 360 TV box to Mini box?? 

@M_star99 wrote:

UHD/HD over wifi connection to main 360 TV box? wow! that means i need a strong wifi signal for that to work.

Do most of you run cables everywhere from 360 TV box to Mini box?? 

You don't need to run any cables between the360 main box and the mini, both boxes will have their own separate coax feeds for live TV, you really need to connect the main box to the hub using ethernet cable the mini box can be connected to the hub using ethernet cable or wifi, my mini box works fine using wifi but it may depend on the location you put your mini box.

The mini box can set recordings on the main box and you can watch them on the mini box, you will need to set the main box to fast start or active start so the mini box can talk to the main box when it is standby.

Here's a crude diagram showing the coax cable split three ways for the hub and two TV boxes and the boxes connected to the hub.

|                  |      |
|                  | Ethernet or WiFi
|--coax--splitter--|-----hub
|                  | Ethernet or WiFi
|                  |-----360 mini
--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection