cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box & TV Go app

sherlock__6
Joining in

Hi,

When I had my new package in December last year after move to my new home, I had the Phone & 360 TV box added to my broadband account. Unfortunately I was misinformed & was under the impression that the box could connect to my TV wirelessly. When I was informed that it couldn't I decided that as I had just had my living room revamped with all wiring behind the TV etc. on the wall then I did not want an ugly cable showing so it was agreed that all the services would be connected expect for the TV as it was still cheaper then my previous deal.

My question now is do I need to have the 360 box activated to be able to use the Go TV app?

Many thanks in advance

Or would I be better off trying the new media streaming box as my antenna is not the best to be honest & the picture quality is not that great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV360 box supports an HDMI output. There's no reason a wireless HDMI sender shouldn't work, but VM's support extends to the HDMI output.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whether you have a TV360 recording box, or non-recording Stream version, the connection from the box to your TV is the same - an HDMI cable.

The only difference between the two versions is how live TV is carried. TV360 uses a co-ax connection for broadcast channels, and the internet for OnDemand & streaming. Stream uses the internet for everything.

Consequently, TV360 allows recording of programmes which Stream doesn't.

As for TV Go, I don't know for certain but suspect that use of the TV-app relies on an active TV subscription - which in turn relies on an activated box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hey Japitts,

Thank you for your reply.

I suspected as much with having to activate the TV360 box to get the TV Go app to work.

I am considering using a wireless HDMI sender & receiver to connect the TV360 Box to my TV. Do you think that this is feasible?

Thank you

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV360 box supports an HDMI output. There's no reason a wireless HDMI sender shouldn't work, but VM's support extends to the HDMI output.

Thanks for that.
If I were to activate my TV360 box to get the GOTV app to work, could then unplug the TV360 box & just use the TVGO app?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sherlock_6, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry if you were not informed correctly when placing your order. 

The TV Go service will be available once your TV service/equipment has been activated. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks for the reply.
Once the TV360 Box has been activated & I can use the TV GO app. can I then unplug my TV360 box or will the TVGO app stop working if the TV360 in not in use?

The TV Go app will work fine 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Mmmmm…

I’m not sure if all the function of the TV Go app is available if the TV 360 is not powered on and connected to Virgin Media.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ernie_C 

I don't know if you were thinking the same as myself, but I thought that the 360 would probably be de-activated if it hadn't been plugged in and used for around 30 days. If that was the case I would suspect that the TVGo app would also stop working. Hope I'm wrong.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali