cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box YouTube buffering

Kernewek
On our wavelength

Hi all, we, my wife and I mainly watch some YouTube in the evenings. A problem persists on some YouTube channels but not all a couple of channels, lifestyle, building a ranch by yourself etc, sometimes freeze. It starts with the top left of the screen pixelating and then it sometimes rectifies itself for a few minutes or freezes completely I then switch off the 360 box and watch the same channel via my smart TV without problems.

I have tried using better HDMI cables, swapping HDMI sockets, resetting the 360 box but always the same problem. No problem watching YouTube on PCs, I may be watching YT on my PC and at the same time my wife watching something different on hers.

My download speed is about 130Mbps. Hub is approx. two or three feet (30 - 60mm) from the box and TV. While it's not a great issue, my wife finds using the TV remote difficult to using the 360 box remote. The other issue is that I want what I pay for I asked the engineer who called to rectify our phone fault a few weeks ago if he knew what the problem was and he didn't. Over to you guys.

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Kernewek 

Have you connected the 360 to the hub via ethernet cable?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave and thanks for your prompt reply. In answer to your question, yes it is connected via ethernet in fact it was connected that way by the engineer when the 360 box was installed.

bob

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you saying that some YouTube videos are affected by this, but others aren't?

That strikes as a YouTube fault rather than a TV360 one, but can you post a link to an affected video?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Kerenwek, thank you for all the posts and replies on our help forum and this thread.

We are sorry to hear of the issues faced with your TV service and YouTube App not working well, due to buffering.
We'd love to best assist with this issue, could you please let us know if this is an issue with any other Apps when trying to play a video there?
Also, have you tested any programmes on catch up/on demand services and are those playing ok?
Lastly, do you get any error messages or codes displayed on your screen when this happens and have you tried to reboot your equipment (hub and/or TV box) to see if this resolves the issue?
Are all other devices connected to the home network working ok with no issues or bufering when playing YouTube?

Let us know more and we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kernewek
On our wavelength

Hi Adri,

I have not tried any other apps but will endeavour to do so over the coming days to watch some catch up TV etc not that I find much to pique my interest. I have rebooted my hub several times and also my smart TV. This pixelating or buffering does not happen while watching YT on my PC, laptop or my wife's PC. 

I will update this post when I have tried your suggestions.

Thanks, Bob

Hey Kernewek, thank you for confirming this.

How did you get on with this by the way?

Was there any improvement at all? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?