cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box WiFi woes

Eirruc
Joining in

Suffering badly with 360 mini box connection to WiFi. Strong signal using unifi mesh network. The WiFi drops connection often when unit in standby. Am using the most power consuming version of WiFi. 

I've tried splitting the channels with different ssid, no improvement.

It appears that once dropped the 360 box won't even display the 5g network to connect back to despite signal strength of - 50db. I have to reboot. 

It's not possible for me to use ethernet in the room and the electrical circuits make powerline poor.

Other equipment in the room, echo studio and lg TV are perfectly fine.

I am very disappointed and suspect the 360 box hardware to be at fault. Also frustrating that it doesn't remember the WiFi password for other ssid etc. 

Any suggestions most welcome. 

Thanks.. 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "Am using the most power consuming version of WiFi"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry away from the box at the moment but from memory there is eco standby, fast start? And something else.

I have it set to fast start which warns it uses more power.

I like to think its quite a ' light' sleep mode

Thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed - there's a little explanation of the 3 settings at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-changing-tv-box-standby-settings 

Fast start or active start are recommended if you have any mini-boxes that need access to the master-box's hard drive.

Can you elaborate on the issue with the 360 forgetting WiFi passwords that you've also alluded to?

And the final suggestion for now - have you tried swapping the master & mini around? To see if the WiFi problem happens when the other box is in the same location.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Eirruc

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to try the advice suggested above? How are you getting on with this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs