cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box - Series link broken

keithrose
Tuning in

I like Sky Sports NFL. Alas my 360 box likes it even more. Set up the single recording option but it decided to do a series recording. I don't know if its because the episodes are called the same and are repeated at regular intervals (ie: its a football game - Panthers v Bears say, with hour long highlights a couple of times a day & 15 minute highlights a couple of times a day) but I've now got 21 episodes recorded. No problem, annoying as it is, I'll just delete them. No that doesn't work either. tried deleting in shared profile, my profile, no joy. tried deleting series link, no joy (says its deleted, but it doesn't delete) tried each episode - no joy - again - it says episode deleted but its still there. tried restarting box, no luck, all 21 episodes still there.

Recorded NFL regularly with TiVo without issue. I knew the series link on 360 wasn't as good, but I didn't except it to be flat out broke. Any ideas anyone, and how much will I lose if I reset the box?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

If you do a factory reset you get the option to keep your recordings, you will have to login to iPlayer and Netflix etc again. Then it's just a couple of settings if you have changed anything from their default setting.

Did you use the Advanced options when setting your series link.

Hi Roy

Thanks for the response. No, I don't think I did use any advanced options as originally I just wanted to record a couple of episodes.

The frustrating thing is just not being able to delete them. I've got 21 recordings at present so will be interesting to look tomorrow & see if its thrown any more in. Even though I've tried to delete the series link, and whilst it confirms "series link is deleted" its still showing up in planned recordings, looks like I'm due another 22 undeletable games.

I'll maybe try deleting them via the Virgin Go app but after that its call Virgin or go Sky Q.

....just tried the Virgin Go app on my phone - ask it to delete recording, recording disappears briefly, then immediately springs back up again - it just doesn't want to let go...

Have you tried a factory reset yet. 

If a factory reset doesn't work it may be something to do with when the 360 last synched to your account. If it's connected by ethernet cable you could try connecting by wifi so it refreshes the network link.

Another option would be turn off the 360 with the switch on the back of the box, (sometimes just a power cycle cures funny problems), and then reboot the hub and then turn the 360 back on when the hub is fully rebooted, you can check that with your phones wifi connection. 

Hi Roy

Thanks for that - I've actually tried turning it off at the back switch for a couple of minutes & that seems to have cleared the undeleted episodes and the errant series link. I've recorded an upcoming game on the same channel & will see how it goes.

Thanks again

Keith

Just an update - recorded single game, recorded OK & deleted OK, may risk a series link again at the weekend.