cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box , LG , Sonos and HDMI ARC sound

gkinghrn
On our wavelength

So I got this 360 box the other day. Engineer set it all up ..it fired into life and everything perfect sound coming through HDMI Arc to the Sonos speaker … so it’s Virgin box hdmi to LG Tv , LG tv to Sonos via HDMI Arc.  Standard setup …

i had Sky before but also plugged in to the TV is Apple TV , 4K OSMC streaming box ..all pushing their sound out via LG HDMI arc.

install the Virgin box and all of a sudden and intermittently it flips from HDMI Arc out for speakers to Internal TV speakers … I then have to fire up another device to play something and it re-enables the hdmi arc for Virgin.

i have removed the Virgin box from the mix and it always stays solid on HDMI Arc out regardless of what’s streaming. 

plug the Virgin back in and within an hour it’s flipped the tv back to Internal speakers .. what on earth is this 360 box sending down its audio channels to force the tv not to use hdmi arc out for sound..

fed up to be honest… 

14 REPLIES 14

Hi, this happens to my V360 box. The box was V6 which was upgraded by software to the 360. I tried everything, settings, new hdmi cables, unplugging and resetting devices etc and nothing got rid of this problem. I have recently changed the box over to the mini 360 box to see if it still happens and it hasn't as yet. Seems it's a fault with the software updates 360 box.

gkinghrn
On our wavelength

Solved for me.

I factory reset my tv ..didn’t make any difference…

i decided to try the cable that came with the Vbox…. I had used the cable already in situ for my sky box as it was in through the wall and up to the tv as well as tried a few other cables .. 

It’s been perfect since the cable swap other than the sound seems to get reset to 0 when the tv has been off for a while but I can live with that.

hope that helps someone

gkinghrn
On our wavelength

Nope - not the solution. Just flipped again after several days ..

press the volume on LG remote and get a greyed out no entry sign. 

Flipped to another input …. Waited 5 seconds and tv flipped to hdmi arc ..

monitoring again.,sigh…

Hello.  I’m sorry you’re having this problem.  But at the same time it’s a relief for me as I’m having exactly the same problem.  The only difference is that I have a Panasonic TV.  I’ve found a fix albeit it’s not ideal.  You’ll need the optical HDMI converter that came with your Sonos Beam. Disconnect all devices from your TV and switch it off.  Reset your Sonos Beam.  Then go through the Sonos Beam setup using the app.  Choose the option when presented that you don’t have HDMI ARC.  Follow the directions to then set up connection to your TV using Optical Output.  When set up, connect your other devices to your TV.  You’ll find your Apple TV remote cannot adjust the volume.  You’ll need to use the volume adjustment on the Virgin 360 remote OR connect your Apple TV to your Sonos Beam by AipPlay2 from the Apple TV settings.  When you switch between devices the Sonos Beam should still work.  Hopefully, Virgin Media will push out an update to fix this problem in the future.  I have the same setup in another room but with a Sony TV that does not have any of these problems.  My Sony TV uses Google and my Panasonic Firefox.  Maybe this is one of the factors contributing to the problem?

gkinghrn
On our wavelength

Seems the fix is far simpler.

Set TV speaker volume to 0 ... Set your soundbar (hdmi arc) output to something normal.

It now doesn't switch... Don't ask my why but try it. Going optical is just a fudge really