cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box Hisense TV remote not working

Mollykford
Joining in

I had the 360 box fitted in December/January and was working perfectly with my TV, the remote would adjust the volume and turn the TV off. About a month ago it just stopped working, the remote still functions perfectly for all the 360 box needs but the volume and TV functions no longer work. I tried to repair through the search and by entering the model number and nothing works. This is extremely frustrating especially as it has worked previously then randomly stopped one day! 

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Mollykford,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your remote control, have you tried to reset your remote and then reprogram it with your codes , if you're not sure how to do this, please follow the instructions on this link here.

Please let me know, if this works or not.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

I have tried doing everything within those instructions the remote is not the v6 or too that you can hole off and clear to then enter programming mode and enter the codes. Its the 360 remote so the only options are to factory reset holding TV and rewind for 10 seconds and then hold TV and 0 for 10 seconds to pair to the box. The options on how to then connect the remote to the TV itself are through the settings which I have tried on numerous times. So unfortunately it still doesn't work. 

It's annoying because I understand some models won't connect however mine was connected and worked perfectly for 4/5 months. 

Thank you 

Molly

Hi @Mollykford

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the remote. 

What model is this please?

I think the most likely option, If those diagnostics are not working, is that we no longer support that model with the 360 boxes unfortunately,

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, 

It is a Hisense 55A7300FTUK like I said previously my main issue is that it did work and worked perfectly for months so why would it suddenly stop? If there was an update to the 360 box what was the reason to remove this function that was already there for this TV model? 

Thanks,

Molly 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mollykford 

A few 360 boxes were updated to version 4.4.1 last week, however the previous 360 upgrade was to version 4.39 in March which is well before you started having your problems, so that would possibly point to an actual Hisense update causing the issues.

Looking on the Hisense site for your model :- https://hisense.co.uk/support/a7300f/ 

• What is the code for my sky/virgin remote control for my TV?

This depends on the remote controller, specific to each TV model. Please call the service centre on 0333 800 2200, who will be happy to provide you with the correct code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Mollykford, thanks for coming back to us.

If you've not yet had the chance to do so, would you be able to follow the advice offered by the fantastic newapollo?  And then let us know how things go?  If the steps suggested, do not resolve the issue, we'll be more than happy to look into things further on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi,

I've managed to resolve this issue by changing the batteries in the remote. I'm unsure how this has done it but somehow it did.

Thanks,

Molly 

Hi @Mollykford thanks for letting us know that's worked, that's great news!
Please don't hesitate to let us know if you ever need further help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W