cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 box 99% full but no recordings?

roadkillv1
Tuning in

Hi I'm wondering if there is anywhere else recordings get saved on the box. It says my storage is 99% full and won't let me record anything else, but when I go into my recordings, it's empty. I'm wondering if one of the kids has somehow recorded things that don't appear there or something, or is there elsewhere saved items might go? I can't delete anything to make space as I can't even see what's taking it up!

9 REPLIES 9

Swf
Fibre optic

Do you have 2 box's and the main one is in eco mode in standby the 2nd box if a  mini box? If so turn on fast/active standby f not you can try resting the box via the settings.   I'd try that.   There's 2 options I'd try keeping recordings and if no luck a full factory reset

Hope it helps

I'm going to be a vip soon guys so give me some likes 

Nope, we just have the 1 box in our home. The main 360 box in our downstairs TV, no other one.

roy247
Community elder

Is it a new 360 install or have you upgraded an existing V6 box ?

Can you pause and rewind live TV ?

Have you tried doing any kind of reset as suggested by Swf.

You can turn the power off to the box with the switch on the back, wait for a few minutes then turn it back on, if that doesn't work then try a factory reset.

Depending on the answer to the 1st question if it worked before it should work now if you have upgraded from V6.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi roadkillv1,

Is it a new 360 box, or did you perform the software upgrade from a V6 box?

If it's the latter it may be that the box failed to delete the markers from the old recordings as part of the install process.

If you go to saved Recordings > See All and on the Saved Recordings screen that opens, go across and click on Manage Storage enter your pin and look under Fast clean-up options, you have a few choices. Have you tried any of them?

Delete all fully watched recordings

Delete all recordings older than 6 months

Delete all recordings

Stop all future recordings

Delete and stop all recordings

You could also try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options
Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Try the first option and choose Keep Recordings

With the 360 choosing that first option you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again) but hopefully it will clear any that may have been carried over if you had the V6

Failing that try the second option Format Disk, but taking that option means you will have to start as new again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Is the network connection still active - so does CatchUp work?#

@roadkillv1 wrote:

Nope, we just have the 1 box in our home. The main 360 box in our downstairs TV, no other one.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Totally new install we had put in February. I can pause and rewind live TV (if I change the channel it forgets it). When I go into saved recordings and see all, there is no manage button, as there is nothing in it at all. I have noticed today it has gone down to 50%, which is kind of weird. Still nothing showing anywhere though. I have not tried a factory reset yet, that is my last resort.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @roadkillv1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your 360 box. 

How are things look so far today?  Have you managed to check the factory re-set? 

Kind regards.

Zak_M

No, I discovered what it was recording, and when I click the show and hit 'all episodes' it shows me the list of all of them and which ones it recorded. I'm just not sure why they weren't showing under the actual 'recordings' section. It's a bit long winded but now that I know what they are I can go in that way to get rid of them one by one I suppose.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That is strange. 

Thank you for updating us with this information. 

I am going to feed it back to our 360 team to see if any other customers are advising of the same issues. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M