cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Upgrade glitches

Ataerys20
Tuning in

Hiya 

Does anyone have any support for a recent upgrade to 360 (on trial remotes only) where I am noticing glitching every 3-5 mins where screen goes blank...help!?!

Have tried the usual coax / hdmi cable and factory reset tricks and still the same. Earlier my main V6 lost sound altogether though this appears to be resolved, now the second box is glitching...

Good advice appreciated have had to turn it off 😞

6 REPLIES 6

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ataerys20 

Welcome to the forum community! We hope you fit in well! 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your TV. 

Just to confirm do you get these glitches on everything eg: Live tv, catch up, recordings? Or is it just one of those?

Do any error codes appear at all or does the screen just go black? 

Have you tried a factory reset of both the hub and the actual tv box? 

Are you having more issues with your 360 or your second v6 box? 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey Sarah

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately it’s affecting everything which makes me sad I upgraded 😞 

Even Netflix titles are impacted.  I get the “sorry we’re unable to view that title, check connections” type error 

I’ve done countless reboots of the router and the second V6 and still no change, changed hdmi cable too. I’m hearing from the Faults team there’s an (ill timed) issue in my area yet showing as perfect no issues on My Virgin Media which is due to be resolved by 25/03 so without tv upstairs until then.  Seriously regretting my upgrade to 360.

Many thanks 

Ataerys20

Slightly discouraging as a customer to know this is a known issue (quick search of community / 360 posts) and yet I am being asked to await a fix that I (now) know as a customer won’t arrive, still pay for a box which I currently can’t watch and haven’t been able to since day of upgrade and waste time speaking to faults teams rebooting and checking coax cables to absolutely no avail?!

I have an Arris V6 box and am experiencing the same glitching and loss of picture and sound every few minutes...what are the definitive next steps for resolution please?  What are the official complaint channels please? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ataerys20,

This is the link to contactus/make-a-complaint 

The page also contains the link to VM Consumer Complaint Code of Practice

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello Ataerys20

It's really disappointing to hear of the TV service and TV 360 issues experienced and the problems faced getting these looked into. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at the information here it's appears there are issues with one of your boxes, I've arranged a technician visit for you and you can find the details via your online account. If you have any individuals shielding in the property or if this isn't convenient for you, please let us know as soon as possible so we can get this rescheduled.

Thanks

Rob

francisjules051
Joining in

Have you tried changing the HDMI resolution to a lower one. On my V6 box this was happening and when I changed the resolution it solved the problem. Worth a try.