cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Upgrade Issue

Maria73
Tuning in

I received the 360 upgrade remote today. I have tried to upgrade through our V6 box which came back with an MA1/4/11 error. 
I rang customer services who cleared the error but this has left me with reduced functionality on my account. They put me through to second line service who I expected would be able to force the upgrade through but they have said everything is fine at their end, and I would need to wait until the upgrade processed automatically. 
This has left me with reduced functionality still, error codes are constant on my tv for the very few channels I can access, no access to apps so I cannot force the install though myself. Do I have to wait or has something gone very wrong? 

Considering this is supposed to take half and hour and I am having to pay for the upgrade to say I am unimpressed is an understatement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Maria73,

Thanks for the further update, will keep my fingers (and eyes) crossed that all goes well when you receive the remote for the minibox.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Maria73,

After searching the forums for your error code I saw the following reply from an old thread,

"You need to dial 150 and activate your equipment.  It’s a common thing at the minute, the software upgrade has been done, just the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to."

It sounds like the second line have done that and it's just a matter of waiting for the systems to update.

Have you tried rebooting the set top box since your call?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave, 

I have done that although rather worryingly our account is now showing as Closed. 
I’m on the phone to faults again at the minute but the v6 box at their end is showing as unreadable. 
Maria

3 further phone calls and it’s finally solved!! Upgrades really should not be this difficult  😞 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Maria73,

Thanks for the update to say it's resolved.

Sorry to see had to make so many phone calls.

Did they say what the issue was and/or what they had to do to fix it?

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

From what I understand when you get the remote box the package may not be activated. I had an error code when I followed the guidance which blocked the installation, and then customer services restricted my account to get rid of the code which unsubscribed me from my account!! After being told it would take a few hours to activate, it didn’t despite getting texts to say it had, so I rang back. I got through to second line and got told it was everything apart from the kitchen sink so I lost my rag and told them to put me through to disconnections. They organised a tech just in case it couldn’t be solved but updated the package and sent the codes. 20 minutes after this call, the box updated but couldn’t connect to the account which showed as closed because of the first phone call!! Yet another phone call and a second line tech rang me back but she cleared the code which installed the software. I have cancelled the tech and I will not be charged my activation. 
This has literally taken all day to sort this out! Nowhere does it mention that you need to activate this service but it’s the first thing mentioned when you have to call them.
I am glad though that it is sorted although I have not been brave enough to touch the TiVo box upstairs. I will wait for the missing remote control to turn up before I do that 🙄

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Maria73,

Thanks for replying and explaining what happened, I'm sure it will help others that may have the same problem.

The upgrades normally work seamlessly and are usually self activating. 

When I did my upgrade from V6 to 360 there was a set of instructions printed on the inside lid of the box containing the new remotes advising 

Need a verification code? Enter: 847446

The instructions may have been missing from the package you received.

Can I ask, is your upstairs box a TIVO or a V6. You said TIVO  but they can't be upgraded to 360's and need to be swapped out for a mini box.

If it's a V6 then you should be fine once you receive the new remote for it.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

The box I’ve had the problem with is a V6. I never got as far as an activation code which was included in the box along with a set of instructions. The error happened before then. This may have been because the package had not been properly applied to my account. 
The TiVo box is upstairs and I have a remote mini box to replace it with although not the remote control. They are sending one out though 🤞🏻

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Maria73,

Thanks for the further update, will keep my fingers (and eyes) crossed that all goes well when you receive the remote for the minibox.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

H Maria73, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community and I can only apologies that you have had an issue with upgrading. 

You are right when you say that upgrades should not be that hard to process however on the rare occasion something does go wrong, our teams are trained to get things put right so I will feedback what you've said here to ensure further training is given. 

I'm glad that the upgrade has processed now and if you haven't already, you should get the mini box remote in the post shortly. 

Please let us know how that goes and if you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs