cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Updated From V6 Is Bad!

gary1970
Joining in

Hello

I had my box updated to 360 from V6 and it is really really bad. I have had my tv picture constantly freezing and stuttering during my recorded shows. Sometimes the sound and picture freezes for a second on tv too. Also in the tv guide not always displaying the info or even the channel names. I have turned the box on and off as advised every time I call 150 but it is not helping. This is an awful system to use I wish I stayed on the V6. Can I swap back to V6? I really dont want this 360. It is like something that has not been tested and just thrown out quickly.

Can someone please tell me where I can change it back to V6 that works properly.

20 REPLIES 20

Gary06028
Superfast

Welcome to the club 3 weeks now and still no fix , all you get is reboot box to solve it for an hour they need to revert back to original software or find a fix ASAP and not the usual we are looking into it , it wouldn’t be so bad if they froze payments whilst looking into it

Is there a way to change it back to the V6 system? I keep turning it on and off at the wall socket like they advise me to, but honestly it makes no difference. This is the worst tv system I have ever known. What were they thinking?

once they fix the current bugs in 4.28 on Arris boxes it will be a lot better, as 4.27 was fine. We then just need to wait for the enhanced recording functions to be added and other enhancements they are going to be adding. 

Mine was a V6 box. It updated to the 360 with a terrible new remote control. Is there a way on the box or on this site to change back? The call centre staff on the 150 number are not very helpful thats if you can actually get through.
My V6 box was 100 times better than this rubbish.

I actually prefer the remote and the layout and speed of the GUI is so much beta than the TiVo software. Mine was a V6 box too Its the bugs in the 4.28 software update on the V6 upgraded boxes that is causing the issues you are seeing. The previous version of software didn't have these bugs and they are only affecting certain boxes. Both my boxes have the bugs to. The next software update will hopefully fix these issues as 4.27 did not have them. They have been using my box to do testing to locate whats causing the bugs so will hopefully have a fix soon. Unfortunately once you have been update to TV360 you cant got back to the V6 TiVo software, its a one way trip and the TV360 Horizon software is the new software and will be phased out.  

I have just been been on virgin live chat through the app and explained the problems and Engineer visit tonight , he promised it will be resolved tonight and I said someone on this forum  had visit and couldn’t fix it and left , he said it will definitely be working as it should tonight , I screen shot the whole conversation of course 

So why are they doing this? My offer said I was to be upgraded. This is definitely a downgrade and after reading all the stuff on here it clearly a faulty system.

I have tried calling the 150 to be put back on the V6 but its took an hour to get through then they hung up on me.

Sorry I agreed to this now. Stuck with a faulty downgraded 360 tv system now over christmas too and they wont do anything about it. What type of service is that?

I thought this was the place to get problems fixed according to the recorded message on the 150 number?

Nightmare company.

They are working on it i am getting daily updates regarding it, so its not like they are not trying to fix it. You cant go back to V6 even if you did get through. the quickest way to get it fixed if you are not worried about losing 1TB of recording space would be to ask them to replace your boxes with  1 Humax main box and 1 Humax mini box as they don't have the bugs that we have on the V6 Arris boxes. Speak to retensions as they answer quicker. 

nawilson298
Tuning in

I am glad they removed the update to tv360 option from my home screen and My Apps.  Hopefully the update option will return once all the bugs are fixed, until then the TV360 remote is sat at the back of a kitchen draw, and for now its the slow tivo software for me and all my recordings still available.