cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Soundbar User's

Donfor40
Superfast

Considering switching sky soundbox over to new soundbar in time for VM return jan.

Does VM 360 handle correct sound formats such as DD maybe Atmos etc.

Could be using Optical to t.v.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Donfor40

I cannot advise any brand but just make sure the Soundbar and TV ARC enabled?

Simply connect the V6 to the TV via HDMI. Connect the TV's ARC enabled HDMI input to the soundbar's ARC enabled output and enable ARC onboard both the TV and the TV and the soundbar. The TV will pass the audio source from the V6 through and out to the soundbar using ARC (Audio REturn Channel). The TV's own speakers are disabled while ARC is in use and ARC will be used as long as the TV detects that your soundbar is powered up and active.

Hope that helps 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Donfor40 

You can still use the Sky Soundbox (Devialet model SB:100)

When you get the 360 just go to Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Change audio set up > then select Devialet (or Sky) and click on Enter device model number, then type  in SB10 and press Go - this will then pair the 360 with the Sky soundbox

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

thanks for soundbox info.

Returning to original question, is there any 360 Soundbar User's.

I'm 99% decided purchasing a new Soundbar, though need to understand which sound formats 360 works with.

thanks

Hi Donfor40

I cannot advise any brand but just make sure the Soundbar and TV ARC enabled?

Simply connect the V6 to the TV via HDMI. Connect the TV's ARC enabled HDMI input to the soundbar's ARC enabled output and enable ARC onboard both the TV and the TV and the soundbar. The TV will pass the audio source from the V6 through and out to the soundbar using ARC (Audio REturn Channel). The TV's own speakers are disabled while ARC is in use and ARC will be used as long as the TV detects that your soundbar is powered up and active.

Hope that helps 

Gareth_L

thanks each reply.

I now have Amazon voucher, can Order Philip's soundbar.
Both Soundbar+Panasonic oled are Arc enabled.

thanks

HDMI2.1 Support Feature
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) (Input 2 )

thanks, that's fine for Arc requirements.

I've made a sensible decision, lowering Philips Soundbar from 600 watts to 400 watts.

I'll then have Atmos from next week.

Maybe Soundbox can be moved to bedroom with Apple 4 t.v.

@Gareth_L

I've taken delivery a day early today, Phillip's 400w Soundbar.

Only e--ARC is failing, I'm using high speed hdmi's

Yet eArc is blinking on soundbar.

Though can view and use soundbar via hdmi 1 soundbar to t.v. hdmi 1.

Why does soundbar have separate e-arc setting if this is for Sound?

p.s. nice quality Dolby sound inc'Atmos until 360 arrives.

thanks 

Don't get too excited just yet. Along with lots of other users you'll probably find it nearby impossible to get sound and vision to sync properly on the 360 box whilst using the Dolby options on the 360 box. 

Hi Donfor,

I would ignore what the forum team has said.. there are lots of forums about sync issues when using eARC to a soundbar.

I haven’t been able to use mine with a soundbar since I signed up back in June.. wish I went to Sky.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Audio-Sync-problem-with-new-360-box/m-p/4875693#M...

cheers,

Nick