cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Remote

rcm85
Joining in

Hi,

I've been sent a 360 Remote by Virgin, and was told they would work with my V6 box.  However eerything online clearly refers to them being used with a 360 box, so wondering what I'm missing.  Virgin specifically said on the call I had, that it was just the Remote that upgraded, but I'm now doubting that.  

Thanks,

Rory

3 REPLIES 3

rcm85
Joining in

Sorted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the benefit of others reading this thread, as well as the OP....

When a customer requests their V6 is converted into a 360, you are sent the new remote control. A few days after that, a menu icon will appear on your V6 which - when selected - will download the 360 software, reformat the HDD and convert the box to start a new life as a 360.

If you don't voluntarily select the icon, the box will do it for you after a few days. And 360 is a completely different software platform to TiVo/V6. It is not TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Rory, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that ther4e was some confusion when upgrading recently. 

As mentioned by japitts, the V6 box does upgrade to the 360 however the box itself is the same. Just the software is different. 

I'd also like to thank you for updating the thread. 

If you have any further issues please let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs