cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Remote won't work on TV

alan1116
Tuning in

Got a new TV, JVC LT-43CA890, Remote pairs when I go through steps below, but it wont control TV volume or power

Tried factory resetting the remote and then pairing it again

1. Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote.
  2. Then pair the 360 remote again by holding down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash. (it should then be automatically detected)
  3. Went through the scans enter TV number Tried scan on LT43 and CA89 and still nothing
12 REPLIES 12

roy247
Community elder

If you have changed your TV then try this,

Settings > Audio & Video > Pair Remote With Device then select the option for Change TV Setup from there you can manually choose your TV manufacturer and setup the remote control to pair with the TV.

Hi, thanks for reply. I tried this and still no luck

Hi,

Have you tried removing the batteries and then resetting, that has worked for some people.

Hi Yes, tried that also

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tries new batteries? This has worked for a fair number of people.

Also try the key testing method, Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices, but don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like the older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi alan1116, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues syncing your remote to your new TV, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please confirm if you have tried new batteries and if this helped? 

If not, support is available here.

Let us know if we can assist further 🙂 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie, yes i have tried
1. New batteries
2. Reset and reprogram sequence (Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds & ressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds)
3. Pair remote with devices CHOOSING JVC > TV devices – Tried multiple times – went through all options, still wont control volume
4. Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Appreciate any other steps you could advise

Just writing to suggest something worth looking at, rather than assuming I know the answer...

Does the TV 360 remote try to control the TV through infra-red, or via the HDMI cables (CEC etc.)? If the latter, maybe your TV needs to have HDMI-CEC enabled before it'll accept the control signals from the TV 360? Looks like you want page 50 of the instruction manual.

Thanks, ill try that and post back later today. With CEC enabled does it need to be connected to HDMI ARC PORT